international channels in hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Does anyone know if international channels will ever become available in HD? I have the brazilian package, for my wife, and I know some of them broadcast in 1080i in Brazil.

It will be a very very long time before we see any international channel in HD.

The fact of the matter is that there is no incentive to carry an international channel in HD, when DISH has exclusive rights to the channel. Dish would much rather use the bandwith for HBO HD or USA HD which would benifit alot more people.

Does anyone know if international channels will ever become available in HD? I have the brazilian package, for my wife, and I know some of them broadcast in 1080i in Brazil.

Ever is a long time. There is going to be a big increase in FSS and Extended KU transponder capacity with Echostar, Ciel, and SES having obtained permits for new FSS and Extended KU satellites to be launched in the next year or so. The question will be if there are enough customers to pay the transponder lease fees (typically about $150,000 per month per transponder) plus associated costs (uplink, programming, etc).

Thanks for the quick responses!
I don't really know what any of that means, nelson, but thanks! I'm thinking of switching to the HD only programming, and was concerned about losing my internationals.

Thanks for the quick responses!
I don't really know what any of that means, nelson, but thanks! I'm thinking of switching to the HD only programming, and was concerned about losing my internationals.
The HD Only pack still has SD in it. I would check to see if your international channels can be added ala cart to the HD Only pack.

Claude have you ever heard if E* has any plans for a Canadian package, so us subs don't have to go out and use a broker etc, to get TSN, CBC and Rogersportsnet?

Doubtful. This has been addressed many a time. It's a matter of rights. Canadian stations may broadcast things they only have the rights to for Canada. Someone else may have the US broadcast rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)