International Channels Moving/ What equipment do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

opsraja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Okay, here is my story.

Last month, I was receiving errors whenever I ran a check switch. I had an SW-64 switch installed.

Stupid old me didn't properly check everything, and went paid ~$200 to get a new switch installed (DPP 34?).

Now this month, all of the international channels I watch are moving to 118.

I currently have 3 receivers (722, 510, 501).

I have a Dish 500 dish on the roof and a second dish for 61.5. How can I tell if I have a Dish 500 plus? What's the diff?

Do I need to purchase additional equipment to pick up the channels that have moved or can I reuse the 64 switch I had?

If I DO need a new switch (dpp44), is it hard to install myself; do I just go up on the roof and it's a simple swap (unplug coax cables and rescrew) or is it more involved?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
chill homey :)

You probably have just a Dish500. From reading the info I can assure you that you do not have a Dish500+ (the switch is totally different). The Dish500+ has a big black "DishProPLUS" on the LNB

Dish should send you a flyer of an upgrade offer (usually free or minimal price) and install properly of everything.

But it sounds like you just need the upgrade to a D500+.

if you have a 722 then you are going to need a 1000+ with a dpp44 switch.

so you can pick up 110, 118.7, 119, & 129

just remember that you peak with the 2d port on the center lnbf (it houses the 119 and 118.7) then you will have 2 dp singles on either side of the main lnbf.

When you hook up the 44 switch go in this order

and DO NOT reuse the power inserter from the 64 switch.

I thought it did? huh learn something new everyday

so if the OP doesnt have HD and just Int'l he could use his DP34 then?

so if the OP doesnt have HD and just Int'l he could use his DP34 then?

yeah but you can't run a line from the 118.7 port to the STB (if you have only one single tuner) because the 118.7 doesn't send new software hits to the STB

You can also use a dpp 33 switch... which I would recomend because you can run 3 duo tuners off of it.. and with the dp 34 switch you can only run 2 duo tuners. and you have to run more lines with the 34

I have America's Everything with the full HD and a bunch of internationals. So I can get rid of 2 dishes and just put up 1 Dish 1000+ with a dpp 44? Or do I just get rid of the dish NOT pointing at 61.5 because i know a lot of my locals are on it.

Thanks for the responses.

OP,

Best is to get the Dish 1000+ and a DPP44 switch.

The only difference between the Dish 1000+ and 500+ is that extra LNBF for 129 on the 1000+. But you have to use the DPP44 switch with the 1000+

Check with DN if you can get an upgrade for your dish with little out of pocket money. They may ask you to extend your contract time.

If you want to buy your own dish 1000+ and DPP44 switch, check our page here:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/Dish-Network-Satellite-Dish.htm

Dish has been doing many free upgrades to the 500+ dish for International subscribers around here because of the channel migrations. No additional contract, dish and necessary switches installed at no cost to the customer. Sounds like you'd qualify, but no guarantees with Dish. Have fun playing CSR Roulette!

Is there a list somewhere of which Internationals are moving to 118? I have 61.5, 110 and 119 and want to make sure, I don't lose anything.... Thanks

Dish has been doing many free upgrades to the 500+ dish for International subscribers around here because of the channel migrations. No additional contract, dish and necessary switches installed at no cost to the customer. Sounds like you'd qualify, but no guarantees with Dish. Have fun playing CSR Roulette!

OP,

Best is to get the Dish 1000+ and a DPP44 switch.

The only difference between the Dish 1000+ and 500+ is that extra LNBF for 129 on the 1000+. But you have to use the DPP44 switch with the 1000+

Check with DN if you can get an upgrade for your dish with little out of pocket money. They may ask you to extend your contract time.

If you want to buy your own dish 1000+ and DPP44 switch, check our page here:
Dish Network satellite dishes Winegard KTI jonsa
It cost me $59 or Free with 24 month lease right from E*

There is one thing I am confused about. So if I get Dish 1000+ w/ the DPP44 switch, which Dish on my roof will I be replacing?

The one pointing at 61.5 or the one pointing at 110/119?

There is one thing I am confused about. So if I get Dish 1000+ w/ the DPP44 switch, which Dish on my roof will I be replacing?

The one pointing at 61.5 or the one pointing at 110/119?
The 110/119 Dish 500
This will be the replacement
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/Dish-500-Plus-Dish500Plus.htm

But you need the DPP44 as well since you use the 61.5 for your HD
E* will install all this For $59-$199 Or for Free depending on whether you want to sign a commitment. Price depends on several factors, Credit, New or Exsiting Customer status, current setup, area you live. All sorts of crap. But I hear the dish isn't that simple installing without the proper meters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)