International Channels Moving/ What equipment do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OP,

Best is to get the Dish 1000+ and a DPP44 switch.

The only difference between the Dish 1000+ and 500+ is that extra LNBF for 129 on the 1000+. But you have to use the DPP44 switch with the 1000+

Check with DN if you can get an upgrade for your dish with little out of pocket money. They may ask you to extend your contract time.

If you want to buy your own dish 1000+ and DPP44 switch, check our page here:
Dish Network satellite dishes Winegard KTI jonsa

Is there any benefit to getting 129?

I thought it did? huh learn something new everyday

so if the OP doesnt have HD and just Int'l he could use his DP34 then?
wiht a 500 plus yes. With a 4th orbital slot a DPP44 is used.
It all depnds on the DMA. Here the 61.5 has locals for this one. So a person living in a DMA where the HD locals are off the 61.5 he can use a 500+ and a 61.5 wing or a 1000+..

Whats the difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 dish and which should I buy if I am in NYC?

Whats the difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 dish and which should I buy if I am in NYC?
You need 1000.4
Difference is 1000.4 is For Eastern Arc, and NYC locals are on those Satellites.
1000.2 Will not work in NYC for HD channels. Your too far away to use the 129 satellite its too low on the horizon for your satellite dish to pick up the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)