International Package only?

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I have DirecTV, but I was wondering with Dish, if I could subscribe just to an international package without all the other channels, and just pay the monthly fee for the international package?
Dish's website isn't 100% clear on this.

IF all you take is the international channel or pack , you will get a $6.00 no basic programming pack fee added to your cost and or a dvr fee of $6.00 of you have a dvr receiver.

Some international packages qualify as base programming and you do not have the extra fee. It depends on the package, essentially the bigger ones can be base, but the small or single channel packs you have to pay the no base programming fee as mentioned above.

cehck the dish site...some have the options where it says no equipment to buy...assuming those are the "basic" package ones

but here is something weird.....checking some of them you need to have a package that is 30 bucks or so...The Chinese pack doesnt show something that the French & Phillipino pack does (I bolded it)

The French Bouquet offers a variety of French and African programming including news, entertainment, top drama serials, musical programs, movies, documentaries, children's programs, cultural programs, game shows, travel, classic movies, music videos and much more.

Sign up for FRENCH BOUQUET with your favorite local channels ($9.99/mo. where available) with commitment and be eligible for the following great offers:

* No equipment to buy
* Free Standard Professional Installation
* Free DVR Upgrade ($6.00/mo. DVR service fee applies)
* No additional access fee for International Programming

I thought locals were 5 bucks?

Ask Dish to find out? The $30+ dollar big packages can be order as a international package. But, some cheaper package can be added with locals which cost 5-6 bucks.

The con about the cheaper package is you only get a few limited channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts