Internet for Hopper - Joey

Dish Sub 2015

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
The Matrix
Any ideas how exactly the joey connect to the internet when you running apps on it?
Does the Hopper 2/3 create sub-network or the internet router distribute the IPs?

When you enable bridging on the Hopper, the moca network treats the Joey as a client. The Joey actually has its own IP address.

It is not a subnet. The router assigns the IP address. Since I have so many devices on my home network, I actually reserve the IP address for my devices based on the MAC address. These work better when they always connect to the same address.

Got a customer with hopper/joey having issue with playing Netflix on the joey. Everything else was working fine. In the router device list the joey was changing status online/offline while playing Netflix at the same time?

When you enable bridging on the Hopper, the moca network treats the Joey as a client. The Joey actually has its own IP address.

It is not a subnet. The router assigns the IP address. Since I have so many devices on my home network, I actually reserve the IP address for my devices based on the MAC address. These work better when they always connect to the same address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts