Internet going in and out

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I am having an issue the past 2 days with the broadband Ethernet connection

I have the router hooked up to the hopper and bridging is on so all the other receivers can have internet

The past 2 days I have had to reset the receiver and/or the router to get internet connection back but after a few minutes it goes out and says router not detected on all the receivers

I have had the Ethernet cable connected to the hopper forever so I figured there would be no issues but this is a first for me

Any ideas as to why this is going on and anyway to fix it ???

-Ash-

Both the ports on the back of the hopper end up with the same result... Few mins of connection then it goes out

Update... Changed to a different port on router and things seem to be ok for now haha

Last edited:
Does your Hopper's IP addresses' change each time you reset your router and Hoppers? Maybe your Hoppers are hopping around trying to change the IP address for some reason. You might want to set up your Hopper's IPs' in your router's DCHP Reservation section so they keep the same IP address for each Hopper. In my router's DHCP Reservation section I have all my Hoppers, Joey, Wireless Joey, and Joey Wireless Access Point. I also keep all my printers and XBOXs in the Reservation section too.

Yes beckie I did reset the receiver... The issue has not come up since last night when I changed the Ethernet cord into a different slot on the router... Ill look into the other things if the problem comes up again

Thanks for all the help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)