Internet telephone?

Google Voice and online softphone are fairly easy to get and use once you can get past the mental aspect of it. You can also check out Internet Phone Service & Broadband Phone Service by ViaTalk VoIP for a traditional VoIP service. They have both monthly or yearly billing. I buy it 2 years at a time for $199. Easy to setup too. I have had them for years with ho issues.
I have Google Voice...I just haven't figured-out why I would use it since we have mobile phones and ViaTalk. BTW, I have nothing but good things to say about ViaTalk - great service, great price.

That is one of the things I like about viatalk. You can blacklist numbers. You can also have numbers that are allowed to ring. You can for example say that between certain hours all calls go to voice mail except a list. You can also pattern match on the name/number. So you could route all 800/888/866 and unknowns to voicemail.

You can also set numbers to get a recording to remove from list and you do not want their calls.

You can even have numbers forced to answer questions to prove they are not a computer. For example you can have all the people on your white list go through. Anyone else has to answer a question (they say punch in a code - if they do not punch in the code they are not allowed to ring through).

Now that sounds really cool!

Some telemarketing robot keeps calling me every bleeping day to donate for some cause that I couldn't get a rat's rump about. It's 100% automated and there's no way to stop the darn thing from calling me that I can find out. If I ignore it the stupid thing triggers my voice mail then I have to go through the bother of erasing their idiotic messages every day..

One thing that I liked about my cell phone, NO ONE ever called me on it that I didn't want calling me with one exception. One of my ex's started calling my cell phone about 2 years ago and I installed iBlacklist to silently screen incoming calls. When he would call the phone would not ring at all, it would simply go off hook then immediately hang up on him. I never had any indication that he ever called unless I went through the blacklist logs. I love that app!

I sure wish I had that for Vonage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts