Internet TV - What are my Options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have tivo, the roamios and bolt ? have a search, that returns what ways there are to get the show and its costs.
Given the experience you have thus far, what can you say about the completeness of the reported data? Many have disparaged search services as missing one or more streaming services entirely (often Amazon is omitted).

Given the experience you have thus far, what can you say about the completeness of the reported data? Many have disparaged search services as missing one or more streaming services entirely (often Amazon is omitted).
My experience with the Tivo platform (bolt and Roamio) using search is that it is quite competent. It covers the apps that it offers quite well. Netlflix, Amazon, Vudu, Hulu.

I would avoid Hulu! It isn't expensive but they are terrible when it comes to canceling.

They offer a 1 week free trial which isn't exactly free. You sign up and if you don't like it you can cancel. I signed up last winter and decided the service was terrible so I cancelled. So they shut off access which is to be expected, but they continued to bill my CC now for 6 months! Their support is terrible. Now they claim they have no record of my account yet I still get billed $7.99 each month. I finally found an email address for their support accounting section which is deeply hidden in the corporate website. Hopefully one of their accountants can refund my $50 of fraudulent CC charges for an account I don't and can't use.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and VUDU are all great, quality is superb this year, especially the new 4K stuff on Amazon and Netflix, and VUDU has great 3D but is a bit expensive.

Last year the Networks favored Comcast subscriptions for a provider but this year, they all seem to accept Dish accounts which is nice. I find the network channels great for my ipad which I can now use like a portable TV with these apps. I can use that while on my treadmill or relaxing out by the pool. Makes the expensive Dish Network service more worth keeping.

Hopefully, this time I will have satisfaction in cancelling my HULU account. If anyone needs their phone number I now have that too. Got a response this morning they claim my card will no longer be charged.

TiVo is really good. Of course it is best if it is available OTA or on cable depending how you have the TiVo hooked up. If not it will report both Netflix and Amazon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)