Interstate 75 CLOSED in Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
A bridge being dismantled over Intertate 75 near downtown Cincinnati (Hopple Street Bridge at about Mile Marker 3) collapsed on the southbound lanes of Interstate 75 killing a construction worker and crushing the front of a tractor trailer rig. Interstate 75 SB will be closed for "at least 48 hours". This impacts Interstate 74 Eastbound.

I 75 NORTH is also closed at the location. It may reopen before morning rush, but it is expected to be closed for HOURS

If you are traveling though Cincinnati in the next few days, AVOID Interstate 75 within the Interstate 275 loop.

Possible detours, I 275 EAST around town to I 71 SOUTH. It will rejoin I 75 at the river. However EVERYONE will be taking this route and the traffic jams will probably be horrendous.

I 75 South within the loop to Norwood Lateral (Rt. 562) to I 71 South (much more traffic)

Overland route (will not be ideal) Take Mitchell Road Exit, Turn RIGHT. Go to Spring Grove (just after the RR trestle) turn Left. Stay on that road (changes names several times) all the way downtown. Road goes under Union Terminal. Follow the road until it ends in a T intersection. Turn RIGHT then IMMEDIATELY a left onto the ramp. Get in the left, center lane to get back on I75 south.

It would be best to go around I 275 loop and rejoin I 75 in Kentucky or avoid the area all together.

For Reference, Interstate 75 through the mill creek valley is the 3rd busiest stretch of interstate highway in the country.

Been through there, and on that bridge several times. Glad I don't live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)