Invacom Quad doesnt work with SW64 and E* lnb outperforms it

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
After beating my head against a wall most of the day, I have finally realized that the Invacom Quad Polar will not work with a legacy SW64.

If I feed it direct to a STB, it sees the bird with a signal strength of 58 on the IRD meter. If I feed the Invcaom into a SW64, the STB does not detect any satellite in that input on the Switch.

And here's the best - $5 old legacy dish dual lnb gets me a 74 signal on the same 1.2 meter dish that the Invacom quad can only pull a 58 on when both are peaked.

Why is the Dish Legacy pulling in almost 30% more signal than an Invacom Quad - and why will the SW64 not see it?

I'd love any insight anyone can give me.

You definitely got something wrong there ;0 That LNB should + will work in a legacy setup. IT's performance when matched with the right horn for your dish (a QPF-031 is what you need instead of a QPH-031) will always beats a regular lnb... I dont know what to say, but something is not right there... !

-Dogg

Last edited:
Bountykiller said:
You definitely got something wrong there ;0 That LNB should + will work in a legacy setup. IT's performance when matched with the right horn for your dish (a QPF-031 is what you need instead of a QPH-031) will always beats a regular lnb... I dont know what to say, but something is not right there... !

Incorrect. It won't always beat a regular lnb. In this case, the regular lnb is kicking its butt.

As for the which Quad I need, I actually have both :(

regardless, the Dish legacy lnb kicks it's butt and the Invacomm will not show up in the Dish Legacy Switch?????

Last edited:
The 1.2 on the right is now the proud owner of a legacy dish lnb with its plastic casing removed. The Quad doing a better job on the shelf.

I have yet to decide what to do with the Invacom quad as I am truly disappointed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)