Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
This just started recently. I keep getting the following message when I reply to a thread:

"Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Then when I click the return button, I get sent to the USER CP. When I get back to the forum, I notice my reply IS posted but it's annoying to have to go through this. I believe it's happened on other forums also.

It's still happening but I think just with SatGuys. I also want to say how tickled I am that everyone's fighting to get in here and solve my problem.:D

We didn't reply because we wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue. (And it appears that your alone in this one)

I checked with the vBulletin guys and they suggest that you clear your cache and also delete ALL of your SatelliteGuys cookies, they feel something is currupt on your PC which is causing the issue.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We didn't reply because we wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue. (And it appears that your alone in this one)

I checked with the vBulletin guys and they suggest that you clear your cache and also delete ALL of your SatelliteGuys cookies, they feel something is currupt on your PC which is causing the issue.

Ok. Thanks........Uh, ok, now at the risk of appearing even dumber, where is my cache and how do I clear it and where are my SatGuy cookies and how do I get rid of them?

I really did go and look for them too. I did find about 100 sub folders in my Windows folder that have these weird cryptic names (in blue) starting with $NtUninstallKB810217 and they have sub folders in them. Would they be in there ?

Go ahead, everyone laugh at once and get it out of your system.

I'm serious - I don't know how to "clear my cache" - heck, I can't even find it.:(

I did do a "log out" from SatGuys lastnight to get rid of some cookies and then of course had to "log in" this morning. Anyway, I'm still having the "invalid thread" problem. I do agree it's probably something in my computer but as for fixing it - I only know enough to be dangerous.:D

If you are using IE 6 then go to TOOLS then Internet Options, Then CLEAR FILES (which is in the Temporary Internet Files section)

Once it is done (and it may take a few minutes) reboot your computer and try again. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you are using IE 6 then go to TOOLS then Internet Options, Then CLEAR FILES (which is in the Temporary Internet Files section)

Once it is done (and it may take a few minutes) reboot your computer and try again. :)

Thanks Scott........I'll try that.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Ok, I did what you said. While in Internet Explorer, I picked "Tools" from the menu bar, then "Internet Options" and cleared all temporary Internet files and rebooted.

It's still doing it. Not always - just sometimes. I don't know if there's anyway you can review my activity and see if there's something I'm doing that's triggering it. If not, I'll try to keep better track and see if I can tell.
Thanks again, Walt

Edit: Ok, as soon as I "submitted" this reply, it happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.