InVOOM-HD (999): Republican National Convention On VOOM starting 8/30 @ 10am EST

kawdog

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Ruston, Louisiana
I know it was discussed earlier when we talked about the Democratic convention and it may have already been posted but the crawler on HD News say the Convention will have live coverage on VOOM starting August 30th (I think that was the date). Anyway, good to know VOOM is giving equal time to both parties and I hope to catch some of it in HD. Once again, sorry if this has been posted, you can delete this if it has.

kaw

What I really liked about watching the DNC on Voom is the fact that they show it in it's entirety with no commentary, the way it should be. It allows you to watch and form your own opinions without having the pundits' slanted views forced upon you.

If you get used to watching Voom's coverage and then have switch to another network, (I had to one night because of strong storms in my area) you will see a very stark difference. It'll make you wonder if you are watching the same event :confused:

Kudos to Voom for giving us all this opportunity to see the conventions without all the spin.

I think that is a very good point, it scares me sometimes when I see the media and their bias. I am glad VOOM is letting people see the information and form their own opinions, of course this really only applies to those who have not made up their minds yet. Thanks again VOOM.

kaw

What I like are the crowd shots during commercial interludes, and how they are just so into what they're doing. Very high on BS's unintentional comedy scale.

Rnc

I really Love watching these Conventions. Is the green libertarian party gonna have a convention? I cant wait till they start airing thinks any of the Reagans will go, after Ron JR. giving a speach at the Other parties convention?
and I definitly prefer the Voom feed over all the news service comentary BS. I really would prefer dan rather, wolf blitzer, peter jennings and and the rest of these "reporters" whould shut the F%#@ up and let us hear what all theses Democrats and Republicans have too say,
I think VOOM has done a great American service carrying theses feeds free of charge to the american people, I hope Voom survives and continues to get better,

Mr. C

and some pics, Long live the King, King George II my fav. nut

Attachments

• pres.jpg
    pres.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 180
  • bushrice.jpg
    bushrice.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 235
kawdog said:
I know it was discussed earlier when we talked about the Democratic convention and it may have already been posted but the crawler on HD News say the Convention will have live coverage on VOOM starting August 30th (I think that was the date). Anyway, good to know VOOM is giving equal time to both parties and I hope to catch some of it in HD. Once again, sorry if this has been posted, you can delete this if it has.

kaw

Tried to watch it last night, and they were just running "insider" stuff. Nothing live. I needed the widescreen to fit McCain's giant head on my set!

larrybud said:
Tried to watch it last night, and they were just running "insider" stuff. Nothing live. I needed the widescreen to fit McCain's giant head on my set!

I watched it 9-11:30PM and it was live on my widescreen. :)

Apparently there was some conservative wag doing a similar article during the DNC. Obviously, he was not as famous (or infamous) as Moore, so it got no play. This doesn't hurt anyone. Republicans love to hate Moore, Moore likes attention, and USA Today had no credibility to lose anyway.

squicken said:
Apparently there was some conservative wag doing a similar article during the DNC. Obviously, he was not as famous (or infamous) as Moore, so it got no play. This doesn't hurt anyone. Republicans love to hate Moore, Moore likes attention, and USA Today had no credibility to lose anyway.

Actually Anne Culter was going to do it for USA Today but they pulled the plug on her before the DNC started...... :confused:

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Actually Anne Culter was going to do it for USA Today but they pulled the plug on her before the DNC started...... :confused:
Really? Well, I guess my comment on USA Today still holds true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts