Ion Plus and Qubo to shut down

I don’t see a lot of new channels from it, if any. The marketplace is fairly saturated with channels right now and advertising revenue is way down.

Ok so what happens if you don't have an ion primary station in your market? Take the Burlington, VT market for example... Laff, Bounce, Grit, etc are all on 22-x and 44-x and ion is SD on 3-5. Are we just going to lose all these subchannels?!?

Yes, but it says here and other places that Laff Bounce etc are moving from where they are now, in my case the Nexstar stations, to the ion stations. I read somewhere (perhaps AVS?) that Nexstar's contract is up very soon with those subchannels and they will move to the ion station. I don't have an ion station for them to move to. I also have a stray ion station that is by itself. What is going to happen if we don't have a "proper" ion station?

Ok so what happens if you don't have an ion primary station in your market? Take the Burlington, VT market for example... Laff, Bounce, Grit, etc are all on 22-x and 44-x and ion is SD on 3-5. Are we just going to lose all these subchannels?!?
Those channels will get to keep them. This only affects the TV stations that were owned by Ion that were sold to Scripps & INYO Broadcast Holdings.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Oh ok. Perhaps that is implied in all of this, but I somehow missed that part of it. Glad I am not losing anything. Thank your for the clarification!

Reactions: Route66Fan
Wikipedia is not a trustworthy news source.
In some cases, yes; in other cases, no. It depends on the subject. I’d stay away from Wikipedia on political and religious topics. But on simple subjects, like about Star Wars, video games, or whatever, I think it’s okay. I would never donate to them though.

In some cases, yes; in other cases, no. It depends on the subject. I’d stay away from Wikipedia on political and religious topics. But on simple subjects, like about Star Wars, video games, or whatever, I think it’s okay. I would never donate to them though.

The issue is, anyone can edit a Wikipedia page. I can name myself as President of the United States if I want. Not that I'd want that job, but still.

According to Zap2It.com, KPXE-TV in Kansas City, MO will be switching Ch 50.2 from Qubo to Court TV & Ch. 50.3 from Ion Plus to Grit on March 1, 2021. The change on Ch. 50.2 is supposed to happen at 6:00AM & 5:00AM on Ch. 50.3. No mention yet of what time Chs. 50.4, 50.5 & 50.6 will make their changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)