Ion Plus and Qubo to shut down

I guess here in Albuquerque's TV market there is no changes since we don't have Ion Plus and Qubo. But however do have plain old Ion on KWBQ-DT which is owned by Nextstar.

But you never know what happen next though! :)

Just going through my OTA channels and see that Qubo and IonPlus are gone.

I am seeing Grit and CourtTV in their place.

This means now via Over the Air I am getting Grit on two different channels and CourtTV on 3 different over the air channels.
I was going to say the same thing, I think I now get CourtTV on 4 stations, Grit on 3 stations and Bounce on 3 stations. Not counting the duplicate PBS on the same mux... OTA is nice but it seems there could be better management of that limited spectrum.

I was going to say the same thing, I think I now get CourtTV on 4 stations, Grit on 3 stations and Bounce on 3 stations. Not counting the duplicate PBS on the same mux... OTA is nice but it seems there could be better management of that limited spectrum.
Same thing is true in Chicago - we now have LAFF, CourtTV, The Grio, StartTV, and a handful of others on two different channels. Even our main CBS channel, WBBM CBS2, is available as a subchannel on 48-3.

WQPX (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) has now switched QUBO to Grit and ION Plus to Court TV. We won't miss QUBO as we have no young children but the wife will miss ION Plus terribly as she loves the Murdoch Mysteries, which they aired a ton of. :(

P.S. I emailed WQPX about this a few weeks ago to ask how this would affect viewers and they couldn't even trouble themselves with a reply.

KPXE-TV, Ch. 50 in Kansas City, MO now has the following lineup.
50.2 is Grit (Showing CourtTV info.).
50.3 is CourtTV (Showing Grit info.).
50.4 is Ion Shop (Showing Laff info.).
50.5 is QVC Over the Air.
50.6 is HSN.
I wanted to record the switchover of Qubo to Grit & Ion Plus to CourtTV, but I missed it.
CourtTV is now on 3 TV stations in the Kansas City, MO\KS area:
WDAF-TV, Ch. 4.3 (Owned by Nexstar - In 4:3 "stretch-o-vision".).
KMCI-TV, Ch. 38.4 (Owned by Scripps.)
KPXE-TV, Ch. 50.3 (Owned by INYO Broadcast Holdings.).

Be glad you are not in Albuquerque's TV market we have most worst duplicates TV stations in any TV market.

Too many H&I, Me TV, MOVIES!, PBS World, and PBS Create on true different RF channels! :rolleyes: :facepalm
Just realized that because of the change we now have a duplicate of Grit on WQPX 64.3 and WBRE 28.3 :rolleyes

The issue is, anyone can edit a Wikipedia page. I can name myself as President of the United States if I want. Not that I'd want that job, but still.
Always check the sources referenced on Wikipedia. Some pages are well researched and documented. Some others not so much.

Reactions: edisonprime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)