iOS5 Update on USB?

It looks like an untethered JB is available for the 3GS old bootrom only. And I happen to have the old bootrom. This afternoon I will be updating and JB

Downloaded just fine. Had to answer a few questions before regaining use. Chose not to use iCloud.

I started download to my iPad. Then had a power flicker with 2 mins. remaining:(
Had to leave for work. Will download this evening.

JB is currently only available using a MAC. I am now using my wife's MAC and waiting for a plethora of software updates. She never does any updates. After the updates are done, including the newest version of iTunes, I will attempt the JB. Fortunately I saved my SSH and an iOS 4.3.3. If it fails, I'll just reinstall the older iOS and restore my phone back to my last backup

DodgerKing said:
JB is currently only available using a MAC. I am now using my wife's MAC and waiting for a plethora of software updates. She never does any updates.

OMG!!!! Mine is the same way. As most are.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

stimpson said:
OMG!!!! Mine is the same way. As most are.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

One is a major OS x update. I wonder if it will include an iCloud feature?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yep. iCloud now on Lion, found in System preferences. Sync contacts, photos, music, and more

Last edited:
Yep. iCloud now on Lion, found in System preferences. Sync contacts, photos, music, and more

Answering your own questions, huh? LOL

There was an iCloud updates to BusyCal, my favorite calendar program. Not only can you set up your Busy Cal calendars as the iCloud calendar, AND the tasks ffeature syncs with Reminders on iOS and BusyToDo.

Answering your own questions, huh? LOL

There was an iCloud updates to BusyCal, my favorite calendar program. Not only can you set up your Busy Cal calendars as the iCloud calendar, AND the tasks ffeature syncs with Reminders on iOS and BusyToDo.
Something I have to constantly remind my teachers to not do. :)

Can't update to 5.0 JB or not. Don't have enough disc space for the new software as 5.0 takes up more space than 4.0. I would have to remove songs and/or APPs.

Looks like it has to stay as it is

Now I get an error code 402653081 when trying to update to iOS 5.0. Won't update at all. Oh well. Probably better I don't anyway. I will probably never use iCloud to begin with.

When researching on the net it appears many are having this problem when trying to update a 3GS phone.

ETA: Just tried my wife's phone and got the same error. Mine is JB and her's is not. We tried both on three different computers.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I'd say give it a few days and try it again. Apple verifies software updates, and they have been hammered. You'd think they would be prepared for it, but I guess not. :)

I played with an iPhone 4 running iOS5 in the Apple Store today; pretty smooth. You might say buttery. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)