Iowa vs. Iowa St. on FSN

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Does anyone know for sure which FSN channel this game will be on. I am getting a lot of people asking me if they will be able to see it. In our area the only regional sports channel we get is comcast sportsnet chicago. I'm wondering if the only way for people to watch it here is to subscribe to the multi sports pack. Any info helps.

Looks like it will be on FSN Midwest...

Premature fear gripped Iowa Mediacom communities (like in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City) that televise Comcast Sports Chicago and not Fox Sports Midwest.
Fox Sports Net airs the Sept. 12 state showdown, otherwise known as Iowa at Iowa State. Comcast Sports Chicago is not committed to airing that game.

Mediacom To Fix Iowa/Iowa State Television SNAFU

I hadn't noticed this until I started looking at my channel listings, but most eastern Iowa/western Illinois residents don't seem to get FSN Midwest...
"Well, Mediacom plans to come to the rescue. It appears likely the cable company will place the game on its Connections channel (Ch. 22 in most of the state) for communities that don’t have Fox Sports Midwest. Official plans will be released today."

Mediacom To Fix Iowa/Iowa State TelevisionSNAFU - Black Heart Gold Pants

So are Dish subscribers in my area going to have to get the multi sports package for that weekend? I'm not concerned for myself, for I already have that package, but I'm a retailer and people keep asking me.

So are Dish subscribers in my area going to have to get the multi sports package for that weekend? I'm not concerned for myself, for I already have that package, but I'm a retailer and people keep asking me.
I remember DISH offering a choice of Chicago, St. Louis or Twin Cities RSNs. You might want to call and see if you can switch.

It looks like the game is going to be on a whole bunch of FSN and CSN channels. 413-420, 424-426, 428 & 435.

Bogy how did you find that out. I haven't been able to find it listed anywhere. Whats with all the cyclone fans in here, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I have faith in the Hawks winning by more than last year, but I refuse to make any big predictions. These matchups are unpredictable.

Whats with all the cyclone fans in here, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I have faith in the Hawks winning by more than last year, but I refuse to make any big predictions. These matchups are unpredictable.

I'm with you, Scherrman!

Bogy how did you find that out. I haven't been able to find it listed anywhere. Whats with all the cyclone fans in here, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I have faith in the Hawks winning by more than last year, but I refuse to make any big predictions. These matchups are unpredictable.
Go to tvguide.com and put in your area and provider under the listings tab, and then you can search for the date and time you are interested in. The "Games in your area" on the Dish site doesn't seem to go out that far.

I'm still not real clear on whether the game will be on Comcast Chicago on Dish. I know that mediacom will be carrying it. If they will have it on channel 429 that would be awesome for people in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts