Iowa vs Ohio St Game, Not available in HD in Southeast

IlliniChuck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I am trying to watch the Iowa - tOSU game on ESPN HD and it says it blacked out. Why am I paying for HD if they are blacking it out? I know its available on 145. I called a friend and he is watching in HD on his Bright House Networks ESPN HD in Orlando. Whats the deal?

:mad:

I am trying to watch the Iowa - tOSU game on ESPN HD and it says it blacked out. Why am I paying for HD if they are blacking it out? I know its available on 145. I called a friend and he is watching in HD on his Bright House Networks ESPN HD in Orlando. Whats the deal?

Check your local ABC. I'm also seeing the "black out" message on 145, but my local ABC has the game.

Dish Network chose to show the Miami / NC game on ESPN, ch. 140, instead of the IA / OH State game. Since the Miami game is probably being broadcast on the local ABC station in the Southeast, this would cause your blackout.

Local ABC is showing the game he doesn't want to see. This sucks for me also. Dumb decision on Dish' part. And just another finger to sports fans we get almost daily.
Is it possible ABC (network) says affiliate WWWW (whatever your local is) is supposed to carry the Iowa/OSU game, but WWWW has decided (for whatever reason) to carry the other game? Just thinking Dish might be getting info from ABC (network) but the local affiliate is going against network wishes.

Brighthouse isn't too bright, they are suppost to black that game out.

Check out this link. It's ESPN and ABC, not Dish or Directv. [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=coveragemaps2009"]College Football TV maps: Week 13 - College Football - ESPN[/ame]

Dish doesn't decide what games the FSN nets show.

S~

They have the decision to make on whether they turn the HD feeds on for the 12PM game on Saturdays. So far there has only been one Saturday where they had one single HD feed turned on for an Alabama game (CSNMA). It would be ok if my local SEC affiliate could show HD that is sent directly to them, but they can't. So I am left to the mercy of Dish, and have gotten shafted 90% of the time. And that is not even including the vast amount of SD feeds I have to sit through with the Predators/Grizzlies games when they have a big fat HD stamped on them in their online schedules.

Last edited:
This happened last week also with the Ohio State-Penn State game. I want to know why ESPN is giving the Big Ten the shaft with no HD across the country. Maybe has something to do with Big Ten Network???

I didn't have this weeks game in HD either. Who cares about Nebraska/Kansas or Georgia Tech/Wake Forest nationally, that they are in HD? The combined rankings were less both weeks..

At least I got to watch the Buckeyes this weekend. If you were on local Comcast down here in Houston this past weekend, you didn't get to see the game at all. Couple of my co-workers were complaining this morning and I told them that I got to at least see it in SD on Dish! Those ESPN alternate channels are better than nothing at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts