Ipad App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalcardboard

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Is anyone else having app crashes with Satellite Guys Reader on their Ipad, or is it just my Ipad?

A new version has been submitted to Apple just waiting for them to approve it. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anytime I try opening a thread it goes *poof*...

I use the old app, not the Reader app. But if there's a new version coming, I might try it again. Don't remember why I decided to stop using the Reader and go back to the old.

Part of the issue is they (Tapatalk) switched to a new backend last week and we were supposed to update our app to go with this backend switch. The issue was we were at CES where as you know I couldn't upload anything, so what I was supposed to do on Monday I didn't get to do until Saturday. They went and changed some things without us being ready.

Now we are waiting for Apple to approve the app. Android users already got the update, so they are not having issues. There is nothing I can do to make Apple go faster and release the update.

I really like the app but it seems like when the people who developed it make the smallest change to it, the old versions of the app blow up. I don't know how many times I've had to uninstall and re-install the app to make it work on my iPad Mini. Frustrating.

Yes it is... we really have no control other then pay the bill for the app each month.

The app maker makes the app gives it to us then we need to submit it to Apple. As I mentioned the new app has been submitted to Apple and we are just waiting for them to approve it.

The good news is I am running the new app since I can load them with my developers account and I got to say the new App has been quite stable. I just hope Apple releases it to all soon so you can enjoy it as well.

The unbranded Tapatalk app (the one without the satelliteguys logo) has been working fine for me through all of this. I paid for it a couple years ago but I think they have made it free now. The only thing that sometimes glitches out is the "participated threads" view. Usually it works correctly but sometimes it shows really old threads I participated in instead of the most recent ones. No amount of refreshing can fix it when that happens but usually by the next time I go to use it, it has straightened itself out.

I'll have to give it a try Scott. The one I had never worked right so I just used ipad safari with a favorite. No more hassles. The android app has always worked flawlessly for my phone.

I seem to spend every day doing updates on some software anymore. Remember when we only did updates every 3-4 months and then it was just to add a new feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts