Ipad app

Status
Not open for further replies.

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
The iPad app is locking up on my tablet. I have to power down to get it working again. I suspect it has to do with the ads.

Are you referring to the SatelliteGuys Reader app? Now that I've updated I'm seeing ads for the first time ever. I don't mind the little ones between threads, but I just had one take over the whole screen advertising Twitter.

I can tell you this is pissing me off. Is one thing for them to put ads in their Tapatalk client, but they are putting the ads in the one we have branded and pay a monthly fee for. And to make matters worse we have no control over the ads. There use to be an option that I could set usergroups that would not be shown ads (Pub Members, Supporting Founders etc..) and now their software ignores that.

It seems like they are trying to push everyone to use their Tapatalk app and get them off the branded apps like we have. In fact they have added a section to their website so you can retired your branded app... but in order to retire your app you must agree to keep supporting their Tapatalk app.

For the ads they are showing they are giving us some money... but take a look at how much we get... and we have no idea what they get...
Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 11.29.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 11.30.53 AM.png

11 cents. Wow.

Must be $5? Do they carry over until it reaches $5 or do they just write it off? Nevermind, looks like they write it off.

I know the reasons but oh how I miss ForumRunner!
( I haven't seen any ads on the SatelliteGuys branded app though)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts