iPad Dish Remote Access app updated - Adds On-Demand Streaming (DISHOnline?)

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Fresh out of Apple Cert and onto your iPad, the next version of DISH Remote Access is here (2.8.4). Note that you do not need a Sling Adapter or a 922 reciever to get the On-Demand content. Just the corresponding channel subscription.

-Adds HD On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Epix, Movieplex, and Encore. All Dish customers, regardless of what receiver hardware they have, can watch these shows as long as they are subscribed to the channel that is offering it.
-Updated Guide screen
-New unified Search screen
-Users who have the 722K receiver and a Sling Adapter will see greatly increased video quality when streaming Live TV or DVR content.
-If you are having issues getting your receiver to show up as online, try pushing the Live TV button.

DISH Remote Access for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

So since I have a 722 and not a 722k I will not see the increased video quality from the sling adapter?

By the way, I had issues viewing content on my 722 with the sling adapter over my own network but it now works. HOWEVER, there is a bug in it. When I try to skip back and so forth doing the DVR functions they do not work at all or do not work properly. What is up with that?

what do you mean they don't work properly? mine are sluggish but they usually respond, at least for DVR / Sling content. I don't use DRA or DO for much of anything other than DVR'd content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts