iPhone App

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icewalk17

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I just noticed that Dish released today a new iPhone app called Dish Remote Access that not only allows DVR management such as manage recordings but also allows you to watch recorded and live tv from the app on the iPhone, plus it's a virtual remote control, something I have been wishing Dtv would come out with. I know DirecTV has had an app for awhile but all it does it allow you to record shows or order ppv when it works. Any thoughts or chance when or if DirecTV will answer this with an improved or new mobile/iPhone app of their own, do they even know about it I wonder?

They are currently working on what is called the Directv Nomad Project. Will allow you to download programs and or stream programs to portable devices that have been recorded on your dvr.

I have a HTC EVO with the Directv app, will a version be available for android phones?

The Dish Access android app is $0.99, will the new Directv app charge for their app?

Last edited:
The DISH Remote Access app in app store is free which has ability to watch live and recorded tv plus serve as remote control, I doubt dtv will charge for app but I would pay if they did. Interesting about the NOMAD, any idea when it might be released?

DirecTV's Nomad might satisfy our thirst for content on the go
Posted Oct 11th 2010 2:02AM by Ben Drawbaugh
We're always looking for ways to get one step closer to the content dream we just have to believe we are destined for -- anything, anywhere, anytime -- and a recent DirecTV survey about mobile viewing habits might be one of those things. To add to the clues, DirecTV recently trademarked the name mentioned in the survey, DirecTV Nomad, and has even gotten it UL certified with the model number MDR1R0-01. If you believe everything in the survey, you'll believe that Nomad will let you consume DirecTV on your portable device while you travel from place to place. What isn't clear is if this a streaming device like a Slingbox, or if you can copy the content onto your device and consume it on planes and trains, but with rumors just now surfacing, more than likely it'll be months before we know for sure.
Tags: DirecTV, MDR1R0-01, Nomad, Slingbox, streaming

I would love to have full DVR management from outside the home. Scheduling recordings is great, but managing priorities, to do lists, and checking history would be great. Also keeping tabs on storage space and deleting stuff if needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)