iPhone Dish Remote Access Updated

OK, without a ViP922, and so without the remote viewing, is this worth it just for programming your DVR remotely? Does that work well?

I wonder if this will ever get to the 722 and iPad.....
I just tried out the iPad version with my 722k, and it's absolutely amazing. The search, grid and remote scheduling works very well. But the really amazing part is the real-time remote control. Pick a channel to watch or a recording from your iPad and it plays on your TV. You also have transport controls that work in real-time from your iPad. Very cool.

Just playing with it now and watching TV from my 922.

Noticed that the video on HD channels is still cut off on the sides. :(

Also in flipping between SQ and HQ modes I am not seeing any difference in PQ... is this happening to anyone else?

Other then that not bad. :)

Also in flipping between SQ and HQ modes I am not seeing any difference in PQ... is this happening to anyone else?

I get the same results. I do not see an upgrade in the streaming quality from the sling app.

Scott any word when dish will update the app for the iPad?

on the iphone 3GS this is very nice. It is the Dish app with built in Sling. Very nice indeed

I just tried out the iPad version with my 722k, and it's absolutely amazing. The search, grid and remote scheduling works very well. But the really amazing part is the real-time remote control. Pick a channel to watch or a recording from your iPad and it plays on your TV. You also have transport controls that work in real-time from your iPad. Very cool.

Yeah, but I want to watch it on my iPad. I've already done the rest... :)

Works for me and my 722k/sling combo except:
- instead of playing dvr event it shows live tv
- have to close and restart app for streaming to work

Live stream looks great, but I wish it would play a recording. Maybe next version...

Works for me and my 722k/sling combo except:
- instead of playing dvr event it shows live tv
- have to close and restart app for streaming to work

Live stream looks great, but I wish it would play a recording. Maybe next version...

Can't you click the buttons across the screen to bring up the menus? The "DVR" and "Menu" buttons are on the last set of buttons on the right when you tap the screen while playing Live TV.

I used it for about 45 minutes last night before it crapped out on me and wouldn't re-connect for some reason. It was time to go to sleep anyway... but sadly it's once again not an SD stream even when playing in "HQ" quality. When you bring up the DVR screen, you can only see three video boxes per row which is the same thing that shows when you Sling using the SlingPlayer app. All I got to say is that the iPad better receive an HD stream or it would be a fraking waste! :mad:

The only positive I can see is that now when launching a recording from the app it asks you "Play on iPhone" or "Play on TV" before launching you to the stream. No more taking over TV1's output first and disturbing the viewer there.

OK, without a ViP922, and so without the remote viewing, is this worth it just for programming your DVR remotely? Does that work well?

Since it is free, I'd say yes. I've used it to program stuff on occasion, and when I've lost my remote, it makes a handy remote to access the DVR and skip functions.

i can watch live tv on my iphone, but i cannot playback a recording, change channels or anything else. i thought it might be playing the wrong tuner so i found the swap button but that did not help either. i see no difference between the HQ or SQ.

DustoMan said:
Can't you click the buttons across the screen to bring up the menus? The "DVR" and "Menu" buttons are on the last set of buttons on the right when you tap the screen while playing Live TV.

I get buttons, but no DVR or MENU choice. I hit GUIDE and it takes back into the original app screens, go select a recording, hit PLAY and it goes to live tv on the last channel I was watching.

I've had the same PQ issue on the dish.sling site in IE on windows. I've noticed that closing the stream and reopening it will change the stream to the new PQ setting. I wonder if that will work here?

I have a jailbroken iPhone and iTunes won't let me download the app. It says I need v4.0 or above to dowload the app.

Anyone know a way around that (other than to un-jailbreak)?

Hello fbara

Download the .ipa file for Dish app. Once you find it and download (google) use Installous to install the .ipa file. Just have to place the .ipa file were Installous stores it's dowloded files, again google.