IR extender

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

broncobri5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Dayton, OH
I am going to be moving soon, and am going to seperate all of my home theatre components into an opposite corner or another room. I can handle all of my video connections to the TV with one HDMI cable, thanks to my sweet receiver.

I will need to get something to get the IR remote signals to the receiver, DVD player, Dish receiver, etc. There seem to be 2 major options and I wanted to know the difference.

Option A
I thought this was the only option, until I looked on Sat Guys. I am concerned there might be some delay or other downfalls. It would be less expensive and easier to install though.
Powermid Complete Set (Transmitter & Receiver)

Option B
This looks a lot fancier and high tech, but I am not sure what the practical advantage is.
Hot Link Pro

Hardwired Option B is the way to go. I have Cat-5 running about 200' carrying IR signals and it is just like you are in the same room as the equipment. The pyramids work, but there is a slight delay in the conversion of signals from IR to RF and back.

You have probably looked already, but check your TV, as some have IR passthrough built in. I just had to purchase the ir cable with emitter. It works better than the UHF remote. :D

I have several IR extenders in use in a two story house and they work great, they are inexpensive, small, incredibly easy to use and I haven’t noticed any lag time at all. I think
that if IR passthrough is not an option you would be very satisfied with option A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts