IR Remote (#1) on 722 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ManateeJoe

Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
south carolina
Hi. My setup worked fine for the last couple of weeks. I only have one TV hooked up to my DuoDVR VIP 722 Receiver so far. Of course, it uses the IR remote, which is remote #1. Last night, I could only use the remote if I held it an inch or 2 from the IR sensor. I changed the batteries twice, wiped off the IR sensors on the remote and the receiver, made sure there is no obstructions between the remote and the receiver, unplugged the box and plugged it back in, and changed the remote's code setting to a different number. No luck. By the way, the remote would control the TV from across the room without a problem.

About an hour later, it suddenly started working fine again for no apparent reason. Later last night, same problem again. I unplugged every other piece of equipment with the exception of the TV, thinking there was interference, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

What kind of tv?

Some newer flat panel televisions have a censor that actually blocks the IR signal from the remote in attempt to compensate its own contrast/light levels.
You can attempt to turn off this setting in your television. 'auto adjust' 'light sensor' 'dynamic contrast' Or you will have to get dish to supply an additional TV2 remote to use at the TV1 location.

for those models that do not have the option of shutting off the IR sensing..
Take a piece of black electrical tape cut a slit that allows light to the center "eye" (there are 3) of the IR remote sensor of the 722..
This works like a charm..The other solution is to move the receiver away from the tv. However it is easy to understand why this is impractical in most applications
Here is the explanation of what is occuring..
The TV sends out signals into the room that sense ambient light. The signal overhwlems the satellite receiver's IR sensor. Think of when someone uses a flash to take your photo. The sudden bright light causes your eyes to temprarily shut down due to the ecessive light. Your brain simply cannot process the bright light.
Well, the IR sensor on the receiver is being bombarded with IR by the TV ....That is the simple explanation given to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)