Iron Man 2 Film Review

Not a great review, and don't like that they spoil Johansen's employer unless that's never a secret in the movie.

Nontheless I am looking forward to it, hard to imagine Favreau messing this franchise up after the first one was fairly brilliant. They really needed to go a little more out of this world super hero-like though, if this world is somehow going to interact/be the same that the Avengers will be staged in... God of Thunder and all.

While you can't always judge a movie by the trailer this movie doesn't look good. Loved the first one however. It's always a hit and a miss . Spiderman 2 was great . 1 and 3 not so good.

Stay until after the credits.
Rats! I should have checked this Forum before we went to the matinee today.

My friend and I gave it two :up :up. If only the family behind us was made up of people who were there to see the movie. The three year old (Hello? PG-13 movie here!) had his own Ironman action figure, so we got to hear laser blasts and machine gun braps during the slower portions of the film. I guess that gives me a good excuse to see it again, and this time I'll stick around to see the apré-credits.

It is only a minor thing after the credits.

I did not like this movie nearly as much as the first one. Not to say that it was a terrible movie, but just that it was not in the same league as the first one. I put it under the category of see once in the theater, and probably pick up the BD when it comes out. I saw it during the matinee.

I think they could have cut 15-20 minutes out of the movie and tightened it up a lot and made it a lot better. It was like it had ADD, jumping between so many things that it never really got any of them well told.

Saw it twice, once last week and today and it's better the second time around and the part after the credits is yet another big tie in to other projects. The only things I didn't like was the time lapse at the track with putting on the suit because it made him a very vulnerable target, Hammers character was just way to stupid to have that kind of government contract, the only thing right about Fury's character was the eye patch while the person and the clothes and the hair or lack there of was way off, Ankov's character could have had more substance than just an unhappy dmv counter jockey.

This was a good movie. It was slower than the first because there were so many more subplots being weaved in. They could have cut some of that out and made the movie tighter, but it's all about tying it into the larger universe that they're creating with all these movies.

The worst part of the movie in my mind was the Justin Hammer character. He was so much more campy than the rest of the characterizations that it was jarring. I'll be seeing this movie at least one more time in theaters and will be buying the BD.

Sounds to be suffering from Transformers 2 syndrome.

Transformers 2 Syndrome, really. That suggests that Transformers was a good movie.

I Found Transformers ONE (watched it on a Premium service) completely unwatchable, Horrible "Acting", stupid plot, the problems went ON and ON.

Iron Man had decent performances, and quite a bit of Wit, granted the story was sort of cliche, but it was entertaining. Transformers had NONE of that. I must quote a line from a Movie reviewer from YEARS ago, see the text below substituted Transformers for other Movie that was reviewed.

Anybody that found "Transformers" entertaining, doesn't know the difference between entertainment and getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

John

Transformers 2 Syndrome, really. That suggests that Transformers was a good movie.

I Found Transformers ONE (watched it on a Premium service) completely unwatchable, Horrible "Acting", stupid plot, the problems went ON and ON.

Iron Man had decent performances, and quite a bit of Wit, granted the story was sort of cliche, but it was entertaining. Transformers had NONE of that. I must quote a line from a Movie reviewer from YEARS ago, see the text below substituted Transformers for other Movie that was reviewed.

Anybody that found "Transformers" entertaining, doesn't know the difference between entertainment and getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

John

Feel better now?

Ironman was on one of the HD movie channels tonight (I missed the beginning) and I forgot how good that movie was. I had ordered it on BR, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)