Iron Man 3 Official Teaser - Marvel | HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I thought it was a very good movie. I saw it in 3D and it was good 3D. I will see it again Sunday with a different group and it will be in 2D. I do not know if I will see it in IMAX 3D. Perhaps next week sometime.

I saw it today. Liked it. I love how the character has developed over the course of the four movies. Not sure that RDJR will be back wearing the armor after Avengers 2 (he's already fulfilled his contract with this one). So with that in mind, quite satisfying.

How they treated the Mandarin was very different than what I expected. And certainly strays a lot from cannon. Makes me wonder if... Actually... That might be spoilers so I'll self censor right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I saw it today. Liked it. I love how the character has developed over the course of the four movies. Not sure that RDJR will be back wearing the armor after Avengers 2 (he's already fulfilled his contract with this one). So with that in mind, quite satisfying.

How they treated the Mandarin was very different than what I expected. And certainly strays a lot from cannon. Makes me wonder if... Actually... That might be spoilers so I'll self censor right now.

Actually the ending of the movie makes me wonder about how Iron Man is going to be in the Avengers 2. They made it look like he was retiring...

Very good. VERY ballsy script in my opinion. The twist with Mandarin was completely unexpected and is likely to piss off a few fans but in the context of the film it worked very well. RDJ stole the show and it was surprising to see it work so well in the "post Avengers" world where we went from multiple super heroes to just 1. Very well done. Not sure if I like it better than the first, but it's definitely worth seeing. B+

2 side notes:

1. The song they played in the beginning of the movie is STILL stuck in my head. It's just that it's SOOO out of place and random to hear (they play it about 15 seconds into the beginning and it plays over the Marvel logo) that it resonates with you, or at least it did with me.

2. Yes, there is something after the end credits, but honestly it lasts less than a minute and it doesn't have anything to do with any upcoming plots. It's like what they did The Avengers, in that it's there for some tongue in cheek laughs. Don't feel like you need to stay the extra 7 minutes to stay "on top" of the cannon of the movies. If you have to leave, feel free to do so.

2. Yes, there is something after the end credits, but honestly it lasts less than a minute and it doesn't have anything to do with any upcoming plots. It's like what they did The Avengers, in that it's there for some tongue in cheek laughs. Don't feel like you need to stay the extra 7 minutes to stay "on top" of the cannon of the movies. If you have to leave, feel free to do so.

Well if Dr. Banner ever feels like he is getting out of control, all he has to do is ask Stark to tell him a story and he will fall asleep

I disagree, it explains entirely why the narrative style of this movie is so different. Sure, it's not a hint at Thor 2, but very satisfying nonetheless.

Well i finally managed to blow 100$ at the movies.

I enjoyed the movie... A very good balance of story telling, drama, comedy and action. Way better than IM2, but am going to need to see it again to judge if its better than the first Iron Man (which I suspect it is).

As for the end of credit scenes.... its there, imo, to plant the seed showing a close relationship between 2 charcaters in future movies.

BTW, Sir Kingsley....excellent job acting! Mandarin scenes were actually pretty creapy and scary.

Yeah sounds like it's a great movie and better than the first 2 so I will for sure get a copy on Blu-ray once it comes out.

Well i finally managed to blow 100$ at the movies.

I enjoyed the movie... A very good balance of story telling, drama, comedy and action. Way better than IM2, but am going to need to see it again to judge if its better than the first Iron Man (which I suspect it is).

As for the end of credit scenes.... its there, imo, to plant the seed showing a close relationship between 2 charcaters in future movies.

BTW, Sir Kingsley....excellent job acting! Mandarin scenes were actually pretty creapy and scary.
How did you blow $100 at the movies? Was it one of those "Dinner theaters" where they serve you a full meal as opposed to just popcorn?

I disagree, it explains entirely why the narrative style of this movie is so different. Sure, it's not a hint at Thor 2, but very satisfying nonetheless.

I suppose, but unlike the other endings it doesn't give any hint about anything. It's just sort of there. At least when Avengers did it they had one plot reveal and then the joke bit. My point is that you can leave the movie and not feel like you're going to be behind the ball when the next ones come out, as opposed to the endings before the first Avengers where it revealed the Avengers were coming, other characters that movies were being made for, etc etc. It's safe to wait for the DVD/BD to see them was my point.

I enjoyed the movie, if you are into the comic book movies this is one of the better ones and robert downing jr was meant to be tony stark. His portrayal is just awesome as it is in all the movies. The kid in the movie is also surprisingly likeable and adds good humor and its interesting to see Tony Stark interact with him it makes him more human and grounded.

But something really bothered me about this movie and I dont know why it did. I mean its a movie about a guy who wears a suite of armor has a "nuclear" reactor in his chest and just fought aliens with the help of a god in a previous movie. So I mean I understand i need to check reality at the door but...

This is not a spoiler or at least I dont think it is so read the next part at your own risk.

So in the scene where Tony is in the news van because he needs to get some data.. He notices his bandwidth is to slow and he needs more speed. So he asks the news guy who comes in to "add more isdns" wtf. Is this the 1990s calling? ISDN is ancient technology. Not to mention they are in a news van on a wireless (perhaps microwave and satellite) connection. Why on earth would the smartest man in the world ask about ISDNS and how on earth is some news van operator going to climb on the roof seemily plug a few wires in here or there and that some how gives him more bandwidth using isdns?

I know its dumb but man it bothered me.

I thought it was a very good movie. I saw it in 3D and it was good 3D. I will see it again Sunday with a different group and it will be in 2D. I do not know if I will see it in IMAX 3D. Perhaps next week sometime.

Good 3D? Me and my wife both thought the 3D was very lacking.

Overall we both really liked the movie.

Good 3D? Me and my wife both thought the 3D was very lacking.

Overall we both really liked the movie.

What I meant by good 3D is that it was shot in 3D and appeared natural and not the fake post processing 3D.

I saw it again in 2D and I have to say 2D was just as good as 3D to me. The 3D did not really factor into the show.

What did people think about the Mandarin twist? I thought it was great, while my cousin who's a big comic fan was all against it.

I knew the twist from the start. At least who the mandrian really was. I knew the guy from Sweden was the bad guy. what i didnt know is that the person we saw on tv as "the mandrian" was an actor. I thought it was the real guy just dressed up to hide his identity. The plot was extremely predictable to me, (im ok with that its a super hero movie). Th eplant explodeing in the opening chapter, Tony Stark leaving the guy on the roof and ignoring him etc. i I figured right away thats how the bombs were happening. i thought though they were putting it in unsuspecting people, injecting them and sending them on there way etc. I didnt expect them to blow up and come back to life.

So in the scene where Tony is in the news van because he needs to get some data.. He notices his bandwidth is to slow and he needs more speed. So he asks the news guy who comes in to "add more isdns" wtf. Is this the 1990s calling? ISDN is ancient technology. Not to mention they are in a news van on a wireless (perhaps microwave and satellite) connection. Why on earth would the smartest man in the world ask about ISDNS and how on earth is some news van operator going to climb on the roof seemily plug a few wires in here or there and that some how gives him more bandwidth using isdns?

I know its dumb but man it bothered me.
Did you ever watch the original Mission: Impossible TV series? My Father-in-Law (a EE in his professional life) likes to refer to this type of writing by giving an example from the MI briefing: Barney would take a common radio and remove the back. He would unplug and reverse two wires (or add his own wire jumper) and announce, "Jim, now you can send and receive on any frequency." To which my FiL would add, "If it was that easy, the manufacturer would have done that!"

My friend and saw this last week and had a great time. I was glad that Sir Ben Kingsley played a proper villain this time. Does anyone remember him playing The Hood in the live-action Thunderbirds movie? I'm glad it worked out better this time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)