Is 2.25 GHZ RG6 good enough -New 5lnb Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I am just wondering if 2.25 GHZ RG6 cable is good enough. I just got a new HR20 with the 5lnb dish and my existing house is wired with that grade of cable. I've been told I should go with the 3GHZ, but what will happen if I go with the 2.25 GHZ cable?? :confused: It's sure be easier if I didn't have to run more lines, but I can if I have to. Opinons anyone? Thanks,

Rob

That should be fine. DirecTV does not stack signals in the 5lnb AT9 system, and nothing in thir system is above about 1500 Mhz.

Page 13 of the pdf version of the AT9 aiming guide shows that the switch must be good to 2150MHz. The video mentions it, too.

That cable should still be OK, but might begin to lose signal quicker as the years go by as it will be operating at its upper limit.

What is a good online source for bulk RG6 cable and other supplies - connectors, splitters, diplexers, wall plates?

Related question... IS there any downside to going with 3ghz for a new home construction? I'm just thinking of future requirments potentially. I might as well go for 3hgz RG6 as opposed to 2.25ghz, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts