is 301 obsolete now? tried to activate but dish refused

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
I tried activating second receiver on my account and dish rep told me it is obsolete and can not be activated. Is this true?

311 won't work on the eastern arc (prolly obsolete sooner rather than later) ask for a VIP211 instead

311 won't work on the eastern arc (prolly obsolete sooner rather than later) ask for a VIP211 instead

whats the cheapest receiver one can get in eastern arc, considering only internationals are watched?

I strongly suggest you contact the Dirt team here and go through them. Each situation can be different as to what cost, they will give the best advice.

Nuts. I wish I had some warning of this fall-dead date. (We knew it was coming, just not an exact date.) I have 3 obsolete owned receivers in the closet which I was hoping to activate some day and trade them in for a 311. Seems like I might as well throw them all out at this point. :(

ours is chugging along. we want to replace it with another 211k, but it is not a priority right now. maybe dish will do it as a courtesy, LOL!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)