Is 922 worth the investment?

More if you want to sling HD.
only those with Fiber connections and upgraded "business class" cable or DSL see speeds like that.
For example, I have Earthlink HSI...My down is from 6.5 MBPS and my up is a paltry 350 to 370 kbps.
There's no way I could use the 922.....In my service area that's the fastest available unless I went to TWC Roadrunnner business class, which is about 12 mbs down and 3mbs up...and it's $60 per month plus tax..Screw that.

Thanks, I have cable and my upload speed is 5M or better. So, I don't think I'll have any issues there.

I'm really looking forward to using this box, but a little nervous that the "bugs" will PO my wife. I'll just make sure everything is recorded in the bedroom too until things get worked out.

Thanks again!
did you confirm that speed on one of the speed test sites?
Looks mighty fast to me. Upload. Not download

did you confirm that speed on one of the speed test sites?
Looks mighty fast to me. Upload. Not download

Oh yes.....Speakeasy, and that is up (actually it is about 3 or better not 5)...down can burst to 20 and then fall back to 12 or so.

Just checked again average over three tests (different locations) was 3.2 up. I even had 20 down from Atlanta.

Back on track though, the dish installer is here now with the ota, a 722, and a 612. Only a few hours left. Thanks again for the advice.

I would never consider leasing or purchasing any Satellite receiver as an investment - maybe a rathole :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts