Is anyone able to view ch 306-1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Baldone

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
Bremerton, WA
I noticed tonight that there was a NBA game listed on the HDNet -1 channel, but when i tuned to it, I got the infamous channel not available error. I believe that this is because the game is being shown on NBA channel 601. Is this game blacked out on all systems, or just on D*? What value is this channel if it's going to be blacked out?

It's only available for the Dallas DMA, anf since Mark Cuban owns both the tram and HDNet he gets to do whatever he wants;)

i should remove this channel from my favorites then. ahhh well..... :)

I noticed tonight that there was a NBA game listed on the HDNet -1 channel, but when i tuned to it, I got the infamous channel not available error. I believe that this is because the game is being shown on NBA channel 601. Is this game blacked out on all systems, or just on D*? What value is this channel if it's going to be blacked out?

I do NOT get a " Channel Not available " like you mentioned.
I get the game is blacked out and it will search for it on another channel.

This is NOT the same as Channel not Available ...

Jimbo

I do NOT get a " Channel Not available " like you mentioned.
I get the game is blacked out and it will search for it on another channel.

This is NOT the same as Channel not Available ...

Jimbo

You're right, that is the same error that I'm getting, unfortunately, the result is still the same--I am unable to view the game on the channel.
BTW Jimbo, what else (besides the Mavericks) has been available on 306-1?

I don't believe that Cuban can do anything he wants--what, did he buy D*? What a complete waste of bandwidth for 99+% of us.

This 306-1 is the HD Net alternate so that Cuban can still show the DMA's games he has the carriage rights to AND still be able to show HDNet programming during game times to those of us NOT in that market. Same old regular league blackout rules in play; nothing sinister. In fact before this alt channel, those of us not in the DFW DMA would not be able to see HDNet at all, so this is not a total waste, its actually pretty smart.

This 306-1 is the HD Net alternate so that Cuban can still show the DMA's games he has the carriage rights to AND still be able to show HDNet programming during game times to those of us NOT in that market. Same old regular league blackout rules in play; nothing sinister. In fact before this alt channel, those of us not in the DFW DMA would not be able to see HDNet at all, so this is not a total waste, its actually pretty smart.

Could they make it so that if a game is on that I would not be able to see (being not in the Dallas market) that I could still see regular HD Net programming ?

Jimbo

Could they make it so that if a game is on that I would not be able to see (being not in the Dallas market) that I could still see regular HD Net programming ?

Jimbo

Jimbo, not sure what you're asking. Ch 306/HDNet is still there and showing the normal HDNet programming to everyone. Ch306-1/HDNet Alternate is like a game only HD RSN channel, it's up only when there's a sports team playing in Dallas that Cuban and HDNet have the rights to show in the Dallas DMA.

BTW Jimbo, what else (besides the Mavericks) has been available on 306-1?

I don't believe that Cuban can do anything he wants--what, did he buy D*? What a complete waste of bandwidth for 99+% of us.

Cuban CAN put up about anything he wants, it's HIS channel.

HDNet Home Page

HDNet Schedules

This is just today, but there is alot to watch on HD Net, I just keep forgetting where they moved the channel.
I watch Get Out, Art Mann, InFocus and some other programming when I have the time.
I use to watch Hockey in HD on HDNet, but don't think they are showing it this year for some reason.

Jimbo

HDNet Home Page

HDNet Schedules

This is just today, but there is alot to watch on HD Net, I just keep forgetting where they moved the channel.
I watch Get Out, Art Mann, InFocus and some other programming when I have the time.
I use to watch Hockey in HD on HDNet, but don't think they are showing it this year for some reason.

Jimbo

I'm not saying that he can't put up whatever he wants, just curious as to why D* seems to have to carry it? I also watch HDNet & enjoy some of the programming.

I, for one, will remove it (306-1) from my favorites since evidently I'll never be able to watch any of the content. Maybe the -1 channel should be moved to the 600's with the rest of the sports stuff.

I'm not saying that he can't put up whatever he wants, just curious as to why D* seems to have to carry it? I also watch HDNet & enjoy some of the programming.

I, for one, will remove it (306-1) from my favorites since evidently I'll never be able to watch any of the content. Maybe the -1 channel should be moved to the 600's with the rest of the sports stuff.

As far as I know 306.1 is the HD version of HD Net, it's not only sports,it's any of the HD as far as I know.

Edit: Never mind, I see what your talking about, I didn't know that 306 was the normal HD channel, I figured it was the SD version, then remembered that there isn't a SD version.

Jimbo

There are a few likely reasons why they carry the alternate channel.

1. DFW DBS customers and wanting to keep them.

2. Its in the contracts they signed with Cuban / HDNet

3. Why not carry it? Its really not much different than other RSN's and their alternates.

I was able to see the Lakers-Mavs game on 306-1 in the Austin DMA, even though the Spurs-Knicks were on FSN. Of course, someone may have forgotten to flip a switch...

HDNet Home Page

HDNet Schedules

Jimbo

Sure I finally get an HDTV and now they won't carry Hockey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)