Is anyone else having problems with cartoon network HD?

nyvram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I have 2 channels acting up:

Cartoon Network has audio drops roughly every minute or so. Its driving absolutely insane. This has been going on for weeks now and I haven't had a chance to log on here & fuss about it. SOmteimes it does it 2 times in a row. I'm going crazy...

Second, NBC (nashville affiliate) has horrible pops/crackles. It made that stupid Last Templar movie just about unwatchable. I thought it was just that show..but no..last week's episode of the office has the same pops & crackles.

The rest of my HD channels seem fine. Is this just me or is anyone else having these problems? I did a search on 'cartoon' but didn't see anything recent posted on here. I have a 722 if it matters and all this stuff started in the last month or so.

Thanks

I dunno about weeks now for cartoon network (since i usually only watch it once a week) but yesterdays Clone Wars was doing it for me... Drove me insane (the week before that it did not have that issue)

I dunno about weeks now for cartoon network (since i usually only watch it once a week) but yesterdays Clone Wars was doing it for me... Drove me insane (the week before that it did not have that issue)

oh yeah. it was horrible. i had it on surround and in addition to cutting out..sometimes it would drop completely for 2-3 minutes and all the audio would come out of one of my surrounds speakers (very loud!) while nothing at all came out of the fronts.

Oh, and I watched this week's Knight Rider & the popping seems gone from NBC. I just realized THe Office i watched came on the Thurs PRIOR to the TEmplar movie.

So it looks like its just cartoon network right now having serious problems with their dolby..and its still happening..kids were trying to watch batman tonight and it was nearly unwatchable.

Yeah, I just noticed it with some Adult Swim shows I taped Sunday night, happened a bit through them. Plus I notice lots of shows don't even have guide info yet on the Cartoon Network, so my "New" timer for some shows are set to record everything.

I've heard audio fuzz/noise out here and there kind of like snow on FM radio a couple times in any given few hour period on Cartoon Network HD. I usually watch the King of the Hill / Family Guy / Robot Chicken block lately. I've experienced this problem on that channel for the last few months but it isn't frequent enough to really report it or for it to be a nuisance.

my cartoon network hd is acting up so much, i chatted on the dish website and they took me through several tests and the end result was theres something wrong on my end, i dont see how since everything else is fine but i tech is supposed to come out saturday to fix the problem.

The only thing I watch on ToonHD is Clone Wars, and I have not had any audio issues so far.

Ted

i know this thread is crazy old, but I've been having audio issues with the Cartoon Network for about a week. audio just drops out every once in a while, just for a millisecond. its enough to be annoying to me though the kids don't seem to notice. all other channels work just fine.

i know this thread is crazy old, but I've been having audio issues with the Cartoon Network for about a week. audio just drops out every once in a while, just for a millisecond. its enough to be annoying to me though the kids don't seem to notice. all other channels work just fine.
audio problem is on the SD channel only

Is it Cartoon Networks West Coast Feed..? (Channel 177)

If so, I have the very same problem... but it's been happening for quite a while (months)...

Is it Cartoon Networks West Coast Feed..? (Channel 177)

If so, I have the very same problem... but it's been happening for quite a while (months)...

yes, the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim west audio issues started a couple of weeks before the channel was removed from the lineup back in October during the Dish/Turner Dispute. it's possible Dish didn't want to fix the audio issue due to them signing a short term deal to restore the channel and won't fix it until the long term deal is reached (if one hasn't been reached by now).

Reactions: Stormy_2021

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)