Is anyone else pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Just look at the sig. I don't understand. I'm always on Fox's boards, but i just wanted to see what my fellow sat guys members thought about this.

I just dont understand. Yea she may have messed up the lyrics, but that's b/c she was basically forced to change her song. We don't know if it was Living for the City or Superstition but we're looking to get it confirmed by the weekend. Besides that she had one of the top 5 vocals of the night. It just makes no sense. I loved AI until now.

Sorry for the rant guys, but this seriously ticked me off!!

I voted 800 times btw :))

Sounds more like a crush to me:heart . I thought she was horrible and self absorbed. If anybody needs to go it's freakin chicken little.

I know what you mean hpman lol, I was just givin ya a hard time:devil: . There must must be millions of 11 and 80 year olds voting for chicken little, I just don't understand the madness.

Who knows. I knew Melissa had no chance of winning, but I thought she could do Top 10 or 9. THe producers just didn't give her the airtime like they did for Catherine, Taylor, Chris, Kellie, Paris, etc. I didn't even know who Melissa was until she did When the Light Go Down and from then I knew she was my AI. Then she blew me away 2nd week and I was down to nothingness when she did What about love better than Anne and Nancy.

Chicken little has to go!!! But he'll probably make top 7-8

yeah she did. Carrie Underwood forgot lyrics, so did clay aiken. She playe it off well. I'm not a big stevie fan and I would have never known she messed it up if randy hadn't said something. Jewel even forgot her lyrics at a concert and had to get the fans to shout them to her, it on one of her CD's, hilarious. It happens and there was no reason for her to go home b/c of it imo.

I am sorry but Melissa always looked like a bar fly to me. Her raspy voice and torn up old clothing made her a perfect girl that you would go home with at closing time , BEFORE they turn on the bright flourescent house lights on at 2:00am. But she had looked a little better each week . I didn't ever care for her singing though.

I predict that it will come down between Chris the heavy metal dude and Kellie the country hick. She seems to have Simon's vote. He passes her through every time even when she has sucked , or been sick . In the end it will be just like last year Country vs hard rock. Will history repeat itself?

If another country star wins the American Idol this year they might have to rethink the title of this show to " American Country Idol".

I'm pretty sure Chris will make it all the way and win. Unless all the 11 and 80 year old women keep voting for chicken little :eek:

Hi ALL,
I'm brand new - registered a few minutes ago - almost like a virgin. Courtesy is that I say "Hi" and something about me, huh?
Well, as I tried to suggest in my "handle", I'm originally from Guyana, the only English-speaking country in South America. Guyana is situated on the northern tip on S.A and over-looks the Atlantic Ocean (and Caribbean Sea). I now live in the GTA, Canada. At this time of the year all I think about is - sun, beach, bikinis - home.
Since I was 17, I have been "fooling around" with electronics and dabbled in some of its off-spring - computers, electronic-security. And, as I'm sure will be the case with many of you, I will be doing this till I cease to exist.
My new interest (well for sometime now) is FTA satellite systems. I realise that the best place to get information, help, reviews and reassurance than I'm not the only stupid person involved with satellite systems, is to join this happy family - SatelliteGuys. I feel priveledged!
Interesting thread on American Idol. I like Chris (metal dude) and Taylor (Ray Charles) because of their sincerity and feelings when they sing and I love all the women...of course.
Again, feels great to be part of this family. Thanks for having me.

hpman247 said:
Just look at the sig. I don't understand. I'm always on Fox's boards, but i just wanted to see what my fellow sat guys members thought about this.

I just dont understand. Yea she may have messed up the lyrics, but that's b/c she was basically forced to change her song. We don't know if it was Living for the City or Superstition but we're looking to get it confirmed by the weekend. Besides that she had one of the top 5 vocals of the night. It just makes no sense. I loved AI until now.

Sorry for the rant guys, but this seriously ticked me off!!

I voted 800 times btw :))

I agree. But votefortheworst.com is doing a heck of a job for Kevin.

Hate to break this to you, but her vocals were all over the place. Frankly, I'm surprised that she beat out Ayla for the final spot. She looks decent, but then again, looks and a subway token will get you to Brooklyn.

sidekick said:
Hate to break this to you, but her vocals were all over the place. Frankly, I'm surprised that she beat out Ayla for the final spot. She looks decent, but then again, looks and a subway token will get you to Brooklyn.

That obviously your opinion, however i respectfully disagree. The music world is used to the reguar voice that every woman on AI has. The Kelly, Paris, Katherine, Lisa, Kelly Clarskon, Carrie. All of those people are basically copies to an extent of artists already in the vocal world. Howver, I have NEVER heard a voice like Melissa's. Never on AI or any album oneline. Period nowhere.. No one sounds like her. Stevie Nicks and Melissa Etherige would compliment her nicely I think, but their voices are extreemly distinct. And being that I don't like America's favorite female voice which on average is high pitch like every woman singer already; christina, whiteny, britney, jessica s, etc, it was certainly nice to hear something different. I really think Melissa is my favorite female vocalist EVER. I'm sure im in the lower .001% on that, but I love that voice, and I'm not the only one. She has gotten a lot of attention on the messageboards and such since her departure from AI. And we had a group formed even before that and voted our asses off for her. Me 800 times w/ 3 phones over a 2 hr time span.

I realize that everyone has their opinions of voice and music and we should. everyone likes different stuff, but seriously it's not very respectful saying that she is someone you'd take home w/ you at a bar. that's completely unnecessary and disrespectful!

That's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's the beauty of this country. However, having studied music and recorded on three albums myself, the judges were right in saying that she's a bit pitchy. Music... like Art... is in the eyes and ears of the beholder. That's what makes this world unique. Continue being a fan, there's nothing in the world right or wrong about opinions when it comes to individual likes and dislikes in the arts. Also, ...For the record, I never said anything about a bar. That must have been another poster. Have a wonderful day.

That was me dude . I said that in my PERSONAL opinion Melissa reminded me of someone I would have taken home in a bar but only at closing time BEFORE the lights came on in the club. Sorry if it hurts your feelings but I am glad she is gone. I never liked her at all.

Everybody is doggin chicken little and I understand why but how can you let that retarded Taylor guy slide. If you saw someone have an epileptic fit like that in real life you would call 911, but since the judges say he can sing his fit is entertaining? I watch the show with the wife but I don't vote. If I did he would be the last one.... even behind chicken little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)