Is anyone in Alaska getting Sci-Fi HD and/or USA HD?

sforgue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
While Sci-Fi HD and USA HD have been available down in the "Lower 48" for weeks now, Charlie's customers in Alaska are (apparently) not so fortunate. Both of the channels are still redded-out on the HD list on my ViP-211. I talked to a guy at work today who has the Alaska HD pack, and he swears up and down that he is getting both of the channels on his 622. I specifically asked him if it was the HD version that he was getting. He said that both channels were showing up, as HD, and he was definitely watching HD programming. I came home, checked, and the channels were still redded-out. If you try to select the channel from the guide, it says that the channel is not subscribed to, and to call the 1-800 number. I called, talked to a CSR for almost 15 minutes, and he played with his computer for a while, had me do a check switch, verified how many orbital positions I could see, and finally told me that he had it set so that I would be able to get Sci-Fi HD (but not USA HD). He said to give it a few minutes, and the channel would show. He said it might take as long as 20 minutes for everything to start working, but that I would get Sci-Fi in HD (channel 9432). Well, an hour and a half later, still nothing. It's just as red and not-subscribed as it was before. So...anybody in Alaska REALLY getting these two channels in HD?

Same here on the Kenai Peninsula. It's as if they don't really care if we can get it or not. No response to E-mails. Just indifference. We need a champion that has an inside to Dish. Apparently they think they (Sci-Fi and USA) are on the wings and we can't receive them. That's just my thoughts. :mad:

Can you get a good lock on that transponder? It also has the other PPV-HD channels.

Yes, I can receive it fine. Have a 6' dish for 110, and had HD with the original AK HD MPEG2 package with a 811 receiver. Now have a 622 so I can receive both the MP2 and MP4 versions of the AK Package.

Yes, I can receive it fine. Have a 6' dish for 110, and had HD with the original AK HD MPEG2 package with a 811 receiver. Now have a 622 so I can receive both the MP2 and MP4 versions of the AK Package.

IIRC, mine was the lowest in the upper 20's, and thats likely from never fine tuning the dish after a big windstorm. The tp is green and locked, while the channels are red and taunting.

FWIW, same thing here in Hawaii. USA and Sci-Fi are in the epg and red. I have a 211 with the AK/HI HD package but also have the Couns(Mpeg2) versions of ESPN/TNT/HD Net and Movies/HD theater plus all the PPV's and the "TEST" channel at 5710 that are at 110w.

Can you get a good lock on that transponder? It also has the other PPV-HD channels.

I get a signal of 35 on that transponder with a six foot dish, a dealer in town with a four foot dish gets 25 and can view the channel on his "dealer" box.

I still get red on my guide also.

My crack-smoking friend at work has once again insisted that he is getting both of the channels. I just checked them myself, and they are still red, with a notice to call to get them added to the subscription. My signal strength is 25-28 on a six-foot dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)