Is anyone incredibly surprised at Lost on ABC? Possible Spoilers

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I had expectations for this show, and it met them, and I think I'm hooked, good mystery, good looking HD, ABC might actually have a show I watch (although in fairness I just started renting Alias on DVD), all the time...they are replaying the first to pilot episodes this Saturday.. one time only.

What do you guys think is going to happen? They found the polar bear, the 16 year old repeating French message, and there is still something "bigger" out there.

I'll throw out a speculation, they are on an island in the Bermuda triangle, where the space time continuum junction of the universe or something, things from different eras, and times (Ice Age polar bears) are coming in and out of this current timeline.

I also have no idea where the character arcs are going at the moment... that's a good thing I think, I love the flashbacks though.

Jurasic Park :)

Seriously: the series is excellent so far. I want to see what they are going to do from the human aspect. I can see a lot of conflicts coming. Regarding your Bermuda Triangle theory is a good one. I did not see the first episode so I do not know where the plane was heading (departure/destination). Does anybody know?

I've been watching the show, good PQ. Okay story line.

They were on Oceania airlines. I believe the flight was from Australia to the US. The flight was 3000 miles off course when it crashed. The pilot was trying to divert the flight to the Fiji islands I believe. That would place them somewhere in the South Pacific ocean.

I assume it is some uncharted island. The French voice could have been someone flying from/to French Polynesia. I could see why someone could be stuck there for ten years. :shocked

This series is awesome! There's a bunch of us at work who are hooked on it! I'm going to have them over to experience it in HD/DD5.1! They won't know what hit them!!! :)

-John

I am going to resurrect this thread since I have been following this show and it has been top notch so far. So tonight it will be quite a good episode to watch.

Yesterday episode was ok and I do like the way the go and flash the history of each character but somehow I think they are over doing it (maybe it is just me :) ). It looks like the story focuses around a few characters yet there seems to be more that have never spoke or are being shown for a few seconds.

I wonder why the "Old wise man - Locke" put the thought on Sayid that Sawyer was the one that hit him. I think Locke has a lot to do with the island and he was not one of the original passengers. I was not expecting Kate to do that prolong kiss to Sawyer. Did she like the guy or is the solitute getting to her or is Jack indecision getting to her?

I think that Locke hit the Iraqi on the head because HE doesn't want to leave the island, it's quite obvious the way he had all the answers for Sawyer's possible actions... He was an invalid pre-crash.

By the way, last night's episode was all kinds of screwed up, I can't wait for Sayid's "chapter" in all of this, I like the show format, I get the feeling the that everyone's back story is done, things are going to get real interesting.

Dunno about AE, but . . . the "fat guy" himself (some call him Hurley) talked about his weight loss on yesterday's episode. Said that for the record he's down a notch on his belt, but he's a big guy and it's gonna take a while before you wanna give him a piggyback ride.

I like it too, that and Desperate Housewives is all I watch on ABC. Well, those 2 shows and when I don't have to work MNF, of course.

I am thinking that the "monster" is a dinosaur too. The plane scene was too much Like Jurassic Park 3.

Lost

My g/f came up with the scenario that they are all dead, from the plane crash, and that the Island is like a heaven or a hell. Or that they might be stuck in limbo.

DrWho said:
My g/f came up with the scenario that they are all dead, from the plane crash, and that the Island is like a heaven or a hell. Or that they might be stuck in limbo.

J.J. Abrams (the producer) came out several weeks ago and said that this is definitely NOT the scenario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)