Is Anyone Worried We Might Not Get 150 HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gchasse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I have been reading lately that Murdoch is thinking of selling a major stake in DirecTV because he is frustrated he is not getting broadband, among other things. What concerns me is that next year the new birds are supposed to go up and then the number of HD national channels will expand significantly.

I am beginning to wonder if this will happen if he gets out. If he sells, who knows what the buyers might do?

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I'm sure those contracts are long signed. Even if Murdock gets out, it is still DirecTV, still 15M customers, public stockholders, etc. I don't think this one man's waivering is the end of the world. Those sats are already being built and integrated into the plan.

Ummmmmm is it me or are their only like 20 HD channels, where are you getting 150 channels from??

dnyce said:
Ummmmmm is it me or are their only like 20 HD channels, where are you getting 150 channels from??
150 National HD channels is the maximum possible with the set up D* has been working to get set up.
This has been talked about for about a year and a half, when D* first announced thier plan

Jimbo

Last edited:
I cant say to what will happen but since sats 10 and 11 are on critical paths to launch and service, they will have the capacity to showcase 150 national and upto 1500 local HD channels with the spaceways. So I cant imagine not taking advantage. It would be completely silly not take advantage of the billions invested. The way I look at it, even if they are totally wrong and cant pull it off, if it means 50 more national HD channels in the next couple of years, then awesome. I would be happy with 15 more at full res HD and no frame rate issues.

Brewer4 said:
I cant say to what will happen but since sats 10 and 11 are on critical paths to launch and service, they will have the capacity to showcase 150 national and upto 1500 local HD channels with the spaceways. So I cant imagine not taking advantage. It would be completely silly not take advantage of the billions invested. The way I look at it, even if they are totally wrong and cant pull it off, if it means 50 more national HD channels in the next couple of years, then awesome. I would be happy with 15 more at full res HD and no frame rate issues.
Only problem is there are not that many HD channels out there,if we did have room for them.

Jimbos said:
Only problem is there are not that many HD channels out there,if we did have room for them.

Thats why I said over the next few years. Heck if they could add one a month I would be thrilled. I think once some go, more will follow. I like my 1 month. That would make me very happy.

it would be a great start if D* sends us customers true HD or full HD instead of that cheap crap, and not take some channels(tnt hd, hdnet) out of their lineup for sunday ticket hd....it's crap

can they use the new sats to deliver full HD on all (HD) channels instead of making space for channels that dont exist?

gchasse said:
I have been reading lately that Murdoch is thinking of selling a major stake in DirecTV because he is frustrated he is not getting broadband, among other things. What concerns me is that next year the new birds are supposed to go up and then the number of HD national channels will expand significantly.

I am beginning to wonder if this will happen if he gets out. If he sells, who knows what the buyers might do?

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

It makes no difference if Rupert or whomever is the leading the band. The idea behind any company is to succeed. Moving away from progress instead of forward would spell failure. Something people with the monster egos of business executives find hard to digest.:D

Last edited:
Has anyone heard IF Fx will ever go HD With all the great programming It would be great

I agree. Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck in HD would be incredible! I'm really hoping that when the new birds go up in 07 that we see some more national HD channels offered right away.

I also think that rupert will want to have the Fox HD Suite go live on D* first...... (It would be in his best interests too)

hdtvtechno said:
Yes but it will be combined into the new "Fox HD Suite Network Channel" rumored to launch later this year..

Sounds like a T*B* set of channels to me. Wait, I think it was Chase Carey that first said that about Voom. I apologize.

Don

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts