5 LNB Dish Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JayDog08

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
This might be a dumb question, but can the new 5 LNB dish be installed using the same base as the 3 LNB dish. I want the new dish, but I don't want to put anymore holes in roof and have just a base on my roof.

No; even if there might be someone selling some "slip on" or "bolt on" extender but DO NOT use it or waste your money.

Last edited:
I have been reading about using a 2" schedule 40 galvanized pole.
I like the idea, but am not sure of the stability. waiting to hear more on the forum from those who have tried it.

I have a 14 foot galvanised pipe/pole. Its a much better setup than the way my 3LNB was installed. I didnt want the 5LNB attached to my fascia board (which seems like the standard intsall) I put the pole up myself and put 160lbs of concrete around the base. Its very sturdy and isnt going to go anywhere.

Its not a dumb question. It can be done. I installed an international dish on a regular mast using electrician tape to make diameter of the mast bigger enough to hold a bigger dish. Not the best solution but it works fine.

Now an international dish is not as big as 5lnb dish and doesnt require as much precision in alignment. I dont know whats the deal with people afraid of new holes in the roof. Every roof have eves that can be a great place for the dish and holes wont affect living space. By the way 5lnb dish requires a lot more holes. I usually put 6 lag bolts in the foot and then 4 holes for 2 monopoles. 10 new holes altogether. If you dont want so many holes consider switching to cable. No dish required.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts