5 LNB Dish Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JayDog08

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
This might be a dumb question, but can the new 5 LNB dish be installed using the same base as the 3 LNB dish. I want the new dish, but I don't want to put anymore holes in roof and have just a base on my roof.

No; even if there might be someone selling some "slip on" or "bolt on" extender but DO NOT use it or waste your money.

Last edited:
I have been reading about using a 2" schedule 40 galvanized pole.
I like the idea, but am not sure of the stability. waiting to hear more on the forum from those who have tried it.

I have a 14 foot galvanised pipe/pole. Its a much better setup than the way my 3LNB was installed. I didnt want the 5LNB attached to my fascia board (which seems like the standard intsall) I put the pole up myself and put 160lbs of concrete around the base. Its very sturdy and isnt going to go anywhere.

Its not a dumb question. It can be done. I installed an international dish on a regular mast using electrician tape to make diameter of the mast bigger enough to hold a bigger dish. Not the best solution but it works fine.

Now an international dish is not as big as 5lnb dish and doesnt require as much precision in alignment. I dont know whats the deal with people afraid of new holes in the roof. Every roof have eves that can be a great place for the dish and holes wont affect living space. By the way 5lnb dish requires a lot more holes. I usually put 6 lag bolts in the foot and then 4 holes for 2 monopoles. 10 new holes altogether. If you dont want so many holes consider switching to cable. No dish required.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)