Is anyones HD locals even close to OTA?

Kansas City locals look darn good 9.5 to OTA 10.0, but sound on OTA is a 9.0 and Satellite is 10.0

Since the E* is using a OTA tuner to capture the signal, if the sound OTA is 9.0 on your system and 10.0 on satellite, your OTA tuner has a problem - as you are getting the exact same feed as the E* receives before manipulating it.

The lone channel in the 4 networks I get in hd from Dish that is constantly having problems is the ABC station. I can not tell if this is a ota problem as well becuase I "moved" to Houston . I have sent many many many emails to the dishquality folks and they say be patient it is new technology etc etc. They tweak it and for a while it works fine but then it goes right back to sh*t. The Fox hd station in Houston which is 720p looks fine with NO breakups at all, so I don't understand why the ABC station in 720p looks like this. When they first turned them on last May the ABC station looked fine but it is now constantly breaking up and green screening and audio warbling to the point that I have now switched all my recordings to the ota ABC station in Beaumont which doesnot have hd yet. The picture is constant and no break ups but it is in 480i .

Oh the problem certainly exists on KTRK Houston HD.
What happens is that the screen will divide up into 6 equal rectangles.
Then each one will have tiny green squares dancing all over the place.
Like Mike says this can happen anywhere from 1 to 4 times an hour.
The only thing keeping me from blowing a gasket is that our local ABC will be in HD in a month.
Currently I have to record from The HD channel and the SD channel at the same time when I can just to have a back up that is watchable.
All the other Houston HD channels are fine. Just ABC has the problem.

I cannot tell the difference in Los Angeles. I tried a few time to switch between local and OTA and so far they almost exactly the same, as least for NBC and Fox (the 2 I tried).

same here - I was starting to wonder if my eyes were going back these last few months. Not that I can't tell the difference....I can. But the sat locals in LA are pretty damned good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)