Is anything wrong in my e-mail from Dish Network?

Jeffdbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
I got this e-mail yesterday from Dish Network after I e-mailed Dish Network to have StarzHD and CinemaxHD added to the HD lineup. Is Superdish back for future HD?

Thank you for your email. DISH Network continues to seek ways to expand services for its customers and increase competition to cable. DISH Network recently announced plans to add HDNet and HDNet Movies to DISH Network's existing HDTV lineup of Discovery Theater HD, HBO, Showtime, CBS and a pay-per-view movie channel. With HDNet and HDNet Movies, DISH Network customers will be able to enjoy great original programming, sports, award-winning movies, timely news, features and documentaries, all in 1080i - the highest possible resolution. HDNet offers more original programming produced in 1080i HD than any other network. The pricing and packaging for HDNet and HDNet Movies will be announced when they are made available to DISH Network customers this fall. HDNet and HDNet Movies will be available to customers using DISH Network's new SuperDish, unveiled at DISH Network's annual Team Summit satellite TV retailer conference. The SuperDish, an elliptical 66-centimeter (26") dish and is capable of offering customers access to hundreds of popular DISH Network channels, local channels in new markets, HDTV channels and international programming. The SuperDish is capable of receiving satellite signals from three orbital locations. DISH Network will announce pricing and promotional offers for the SuperDish when it is made available to DISH Network customers this fall. Please watch the monthly Charlie Chats, which can be found on channel 101 (this program usually airs on the second Monday of every month), or visit our website to get the latest information on new programming offered by DISH Network

That sounds like an old script that they are working from.....doesn't give you too much confidence in anything they have to say....

You definitely received an outdated canned response with inaccurate info. The plans to have SuperDish deliver HD content have been scrapped for now and HDNet has been on Dish Network for some time already.

Did you e-mail ceo@echostar.com? Send them your original e-mail and the reply and tell them that sending out a canned response is acceptable only if your concerns don't get dismissed and the canned response has current up-to-date relevant information. Leave them your phone number and you will likely receive a call. Or give them your account number and ask for a personal e-mail be sent back to you. You, a current subscriber deserve better. My experience with ceo@echostar.com have been favorable. Let us know how you make out. It may take them a week to get back to you. Good luck.

They use Kana Responce for there customer Email.

http://www.kana.com/solution/servicesolution/response/response.aspx

The Email CSR can push CTRL + H or CTRL + O for what ever canned reply they want.

They must of hit the wrong letter and set you an old auto reply.

Jeffdbs said:
The pricing and packaging for HDNet and HDNet Movies will be announced when they are made available to DISH Network customers this fall. DISH Network will announce pricing and promotional offers for the SuperDish when it is made available to DISH Network customers this fall.

its gotta be an old response..."this fall"??

I just sent an e-mail back to Dish Network. Hopefully no Superdish for HDTV. I like the 110 HDTV position. :)

I also received my canned response yesterday. But, it wasn't the same as yours.

Just the general

we're always looking to put together a compelling programming lineup.... Thanks, you're request has been (duely) noted.

(no mention of SuperDish or HDNet - that I remember)

Please people - keep sending in the requests - don't know if it'll help, but it can't hurt.

Hey I got an e-mail back from Dish Network already. No Superdish needed for now to view HDTV. Maybe someday soon those HDTV channels the local cable company has on their HDTV programming tier will show up on Dish Network HDTV. Here is the e-mail I received today.

Thank you for your recent email. DISH Network offers a very competitive HD package and is so intent on making HD accessible to our customers that we have moved all existing HD channels to a new satellite so that customers can see all of our HD offerings with a Dish 500 antenna. For the foreseeable future, customers will NOT need a new Super Dish antenna installation in order to get their HD channels and prospective HD channels to be launched in 2004 will also only require Dish 500.

We are in negotiations with many HD channels including Starz and Bravo and other HD channels in an effort to provide these to our customers. We are hopeful that several additional HD channels will be launched in the first few months of 2004 and are also working on technology that will allow us to launch even more HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)