Is Club Dish an Urban Legend?

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
Sorry, need to vent. I did 2 referrals back in August. I got credit for one, and the other they have no recollection of. I gave up trying to get the 50 dollar credit for the 2nd referral because it was a lost cause, and honestly I'm not even sure if the person I referred did the referral properly, but I'm still fighting with them for my 5 free pay per view movies. I have 2 chat sessions stating that they keep sending me the coupons yet I never receive them. Today I had a very long chat session in which the CSR said "they could not help me, and I needed to call a 1 800 number" I lost it... Called the number and got someone who could barely speak engrish and gave me the same song and dance. They said they could see that I was getting a 5 dollar credit, but couldnt verify that I was a club dish member. HELLO??? She finally broke down and said I should have the PPV certificates in 7-10 business days. We'll see. Anyone else get this run around, or is it just me.

Why have a chat function when after waiting 20 minutes you're told to call

(03mk) Irish C. GJ3: In relation to the Clubdish Kit, you need to call this number 1-888-920-GIFT.
######: why?
(03mk) Irish C. GJ3: They will be the one to track the kit that was sent to you. They are the ones in-charge for this.
#####: no, last time I went through chat, the person was able to track it for me
######: apparently you dont know how to
######: thanks

***********EDIT************* Just got an email with THREE coupon codes... Unfortunately Club Dish is suppose to give you FIVE coupons... I'm over it. I give in.

Last edited:
I referred someone and didn't get a referral fee. I emailed the details to my friend, though I didn't hold their hand through the process. It's a joke and I'll never refer anyone again.

I gave up on club dish as well. My first 3 or 4 worked fine, then none of the next 3 went through. My account even showed they were active and I should be getting credit but was not. After many, many calls, chats, email I gave up. Funny thing is, about 3 months ago (9 months after I complained) I had 6 credits on one bill. Still missing a bunch so I have quit referring.

I finally got a friend to go with Dish. I'd had them e-mail him a coupon some weeks ago, but that got lost in the ether, or gobbled up by his spam blocker.

Second one I did a printable coupon, sent it to him from my e-mail. He got that one.

But then, when trying to do the online service startup, he came across a problem, where it was also asking him for a "promo code" that he didn't have. He was able to straighten it out with an online chat, though.

My account shows that it was redeemed. I suppose I'll see the credits sometime down the road...

I have gotten at least 4 people to sign up with Dish, probably more. Two of these were via Club Dish.

Never got any credits of any sort. I still recommend Dish. I just don't kid myself by using Club Dish.

I've referred at least 10 people over the past year and I've gotten my 5 credits each month after I raised holy hell to the ceo address. Just checked my bill online, still posting each month, I better not jinx it! Some say 12 months and not 10, don't know why.

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00

* 11/05
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 8 OF 12
* -$5.00

* 11/03
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 7 OF 10
* -$5.00

* 07/12
* 03/13
* CLUBDISH CR 9 OF 12
* -$5.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)