Is Dish a Screwed Up Company or what?

Whoops. That is definitely not the impression I want to be making.

Either way, the Turbo Gold package is $49.99 regular price, while the Classic Gold is $57.99, but you need to add HD to that for $10 more bucks, bringing it up to $67.99. That is about what my total price is now for Turbo with DVR and Locals, so I don't want to pay $20 more for viacom and fox, along with a slew of SD channels I am not interested in (or forgot about). I mean, I just started paying a $10 increase... you would think I would be benefiting from that somehow...

When they raise our taxes/fees around these parts they often try to ease the pain and bakclash to the increase by using terminology such as "less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day" or "less than the cost of a ham sandwich a day", etc, etc. Just think, you could upgrade to Classic 250 + Gold HD for less than the cost of a Snickers Bar a day!:D

I saw a commerical last night for Dish Network, one of the first ones I have seen on TV in a while. It was produced pretty good like a typical cable/sat commerical. Though in the commercial they mentioned they have over 30 million viewers. I am guessing to get to that number they took there current subscriber base and times it by two, since many families have more then one person in the household??

The main message in the commerical was a comparison between them and Directv saying its the same sat signal why pay more with Direct?

I saw that commercial as well. They had a side by side picture of Dish Network and DirecTV. (Hmm so thats why they are downresing the SD channels on 110... to match the PQ of DirecTV!) ;)

What they don't point out in that commercial is that Dish Network cost more then DirecTV when you add in all the nickle and dime fees.

I saw a commerical last night for Dish Network, one of the first ones I have seen on TV in a while. It was produced pretty good like a typical cable/sat commerical. Though in the commercial they mentioned they have over 30 million viewers. I am guessing to get to that number they took there current subscriber base and times it by two, since many families have more then one person in the household??

The main message in the commerical was a comparison between them and Directv saying its the same sat signal why pay more with Direct?
I haven't seen a Dish TV commercial in a while, but all I see everywhere on the internet are Dish Network banner ads; both for Turbo HD and for that $9.99 deal.

What they don't point out in that commercial is that Dish Network cost more then DirecTV when you add in all the nickle and dime fees.
Maybe for some packages - but my bill would double to $84/month if I went with the same HD channels I get/want compared to my current setup. But they can't point that out either, because they ended that package for new subscribers.

Of course, Dish Network may have 300,000 less viewers when they post their 1st Quarter results. I don't know what Dish Network leadership is doing, but they certainly aren't moving forward.

I wrote Sky Report Yesterday

Ok I sent in a question to last weeks Dish Network retailer chat asking about the status of the Viacom HD channels which were supposed to be launched on April 1st (and that have since launched) and just got this reply back a few minutes ago...

Is there anyone at this company with more then half a brain? (Besides Parker) :)

Scott you are absolutely right. No one is at the switch. I also wrote Sky Report yesterday about their article on the new subs. They reported incorrectly that all new channels were for Turbo Bronze subs. I told them to check out this forum to see how angry existing subscribers are and that they should do an article about how Dish is loosing existing customers right and left!

Just My Two Cents

JC

I'm waiting for the holy Grail of packages, the ala carte package. I'd gladly pay up to $1 per channel if I could actually create my own package. But it will never happen.

...but for a package that is "100% turbo charged high definition content", I sure get a butt-load of SD channels, including the SD counterpart for basically every national HD channel out there...
Push "Guide" on your remote until it says "All HD".... :D

And remember, as soon as Dish takes away those SD channels and lives up to "100% hd content", it will be non-stop b*tching and moaning that Dish took channels away.

The cutain finally comes down

Ok I sent in a question to last weeks Dish Network retailer chat asking about the status of the Viacom HD channels which were supposed to be launched on April 1st (and that have since launched) and just got this reply back a few minutes ago...

Is there anyone at this company with more then half a brain? (Besides Parker) :)

Maybe Im wrong on this but I think Scott finally sees the ''real'' dish network.
Not the one hes been fooled into believing...

Ive seen dihes true face and its very ugly..

Not to bash dish but they lost my trust and confidence along time ago.

Simply the worst run company I have ever dealt with.

Just my opinnion.

Yes, they still have the best Dvrs...thats it!

Yes, they still have the best Dvrs...thats it!
Yes, but that company split away. Echostar makes great DVRs not Dish. Even the internally people can see how poorly Dish is being run and wanting to give more distance between the different sectors.

Case in point, look at some of the executives who have left recently.

I'll have to add my 2 cents. I signed up a family member with Club Dish. I've been waiting 3.5 months for my 5 PPV coupons and $5 monthly discount. Talked to ceo@dish.com (I have my own contact now). She said it takes 90 days even though the promotional info says 30 days. After 2nd call to her I get my PPV coupons in the mail. Printed right on the coupon: valid through 3/31/2009. Yes, 2009, I receive them and they are already expired! I then call and ask how to redeem, she says fill out all the information and mail in with invoice and payment. I have paperless billing and auto payment from CC. She's stumped. She asks another person and comes back still stumped. I ask her if I'm the only one that has paperless billing? She directs me to a web site for loyal customers to get 2 free PPV. (Expires 3/31/2009). I tell her it has nothing to do with using PPV coupons. She is to find out and call me back. Still don't have my $5/month discount.

How srewed up is that? They offer club dish and you have to hound them. And they have no mechanism to redeem coupons. Yes Scott, they are F%^K'd up.

I saw that commercial as well. They had a side by side picture of Dish Network and DirecTV. (Hmm so thats why they are downresing the SD channels on 110... to match the PQ of DirecTV!) ;)

You must have been watching WWE Raw??

I'll have to add my 2 cents. I signed up a family member with Club Dish. I've been waiting 3.5 months for my 5 PPV coupons and $5 monthly discount. Talked to ceo@dish.com (I have my own contact now). She said it takes 90 days even though the promotional info says 30 days. After 2nd call to her I get my PPV coupons in the mail. Printed right on the coupon: valid through 3/31/2009. Yes, 2009, I receive them and they are already expired! I then call and ask how to redeem, she says fill out all the information and mail in with invoice and payment. I have paperless billing and auto payment from CC. She's stumped. She asks another person and comes back still stumped. I ask her if I'm the only one that has paperless billing? She directs me to a web site for loyal customers to get 2 free PPV. (Expires 3/31/2009). I tell her it has nothing to do with using PPV coupons. She is to find out and call me back. Still don't have my $5/month discount.

How srewed up is that? They offer club dish and you have to hound them. And they have no mechanism to redeem coupons. Yes Scott, they are F%^K'd up.

I am in the same boat with the Club Dish. It seems like they want you to use paperless billing but then you get into these issues. How hard would it be to send out Free PPV codes that you could input online when you pay your bill or to get credits before they withdraw? It is not like this stuff has never been handled in other industries. Also would make since that people who are RECOMMENDING Dish to others should not have these problems. If you are not going to get the credits then why bother? Do you get the feeling they want to make it so hard you just don't bother with your free PPVs? Perhaps it would be better to sign up people for D*.
THESE THINGS DO NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN!!! It is either flat out incompetence or pure disregard for customer satisfaction. Probably both.
The reason this bothers me so much is they are so close to being a good company. Good equipment, catching up on HD... If they would just put some effort into treating people ok. Spend some money on customer service and internal company communications!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts