Is Dish a Screwed Up Company or what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok I sent in a question to last weeks Dish Network retailer chat asking about the status of the Viacom HD channels which were supposed to be launched on April 1st (and that have since launched) and just got this reply back a few minutes ago...

Is there anyone at this company with more then half a brain? (Besides Parker) :)

Scott- just curious
When you talk to people inside Dish what do they say about this stuff? Do they act like they know? I am interested on how they see it. It is so obvious I feel they really are doing it on purpose (as odd as that sound). The past few months have had one thing after another.
Thanks and keep up the good work

Scott

I am glad to see you have come around to the opinion that Dish is run by idiots. The problem is they do not look as bad as they should look because, in comparison, cable TV is run by even more incompetent idiots. I am a technically oriented subscriber (EE by degree) and I need a forum like this to figure out what channels I am supposed to be receiving, why some games are blacked out for no apparent reason, and why I cannot receive channels in HD that are always counted in Dish network's propaganda (RSN's).

When I signed up for Dish I received the Big Ten network but that was taken away after six months with no explanation I lost all the VOOM-HD channels and now my bill has been raised $10 per month.

I have watched the Charlie chats and decided that this company is run by incompetent hayseeds who do not have clue about customer service. My contract is up in early 2010. I will probably try Direct TV only on the chance that they cannot be worse. I know I will not go back to cable. This is America, I know we can do better.

Every company has it's faults.... Forums like this exist in one part to be "complaint" forums. Remember (I'll use Dish for this example as this forum is much more Dish-centric), Dish has 12-14 million households (x 2-point-something people per household or almost 30 million customers). I'd venture to say that the vast majority of Dish's customers are quite content if not happy with their service. Dish may have lost customers lately, but they're still making a profit, so they're doing something right.

I've said this about every forum and every company: People don't start posts about "I love Dish Network" or "My Dish equipment is flawless". People only post when something's wrong.

And watch how some of the "vocal" criticizers of Dish are in a matter of weeks or in the near future. See if they're not singing a different tune....

I too loved TIVO when I had cable. But with cable's limited HD lineup its not worth it. Also, TIVO HD boxes won't work with Cable's VOD, which in my opinion is cables only positive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts