Is Dish adding CW and MYTV HD channels anytime soon?

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Especially the top 10 markets including Philadelphia? Would love to get lots of Phillies games from CW 57. All home games are in HD.

Now that Dish has shown that they can fit 6 MPEG-4 HD channels per transponder, I think that they should go beyond the big 4 networks, and start putting up the major independents.

I wish they would . I am watching the Superstation Kwgn from Denver and the picture quality used to be excellent. Since the distants were turned off and the transponder sold to All American Direct ,they must of moved the channel to an over crowded transponder and the pq has gone down to dark computer streaming video. The Houston Cw quality is so bad you see visual smearing of the skin tones when people move and is definately out of focus. My ota Cw is alright but no guide data and when I record off of it I get corrupted recordings that cause me problems. OF course maybe Dish is banking on both networks tanking and they won't have to worry about adding them. I know I only watch two shows on the Cw and if they were gone I wouldn't need that station again ;
Supernatural, and Smallville.

Haven't heard anything. Not sure why MyNetwork would be included, they have not filmed anything in HD yet.

WTF??

Mynetwork has been 100% HD since they started for their own programs. However they have dropped the all telenovela format and going with reality stuff from the rumors so the HD probably will be gone for their next round of programs.

Mynetwork has been 100% HD since they started for their own programs.

They may be filming in HD but many of their stations don't broadcast in HD. Here in Los Angeles they do not broadcast in HD. They do broadcast digitally, but in SD and with a weak signal at that. Formely when our local Mynetwork was UPN they had stated that they had no plans to provide an HD signal.

Also I wouldn't plan on E* adding to LIL HD anytime soon. I believe they are behind on their planned LIL HD rollout and I don't think they be adding to existing until they complete their rollout.

:mad: But E* better get it's HD act together if they want to keep claiming they're the leader. With the five new HD channels annouced by Disney that are going to be D* exclusive at the start, E*'s got a lot of work to do.

If they did they that should solve the dispute with Tribune over airing our Fox local in Seattle. Tribune owns both and claims they are withholding the FOX affiliate until MYTV is added.

WTF??

Mynetwork has been 100% HD since they started for their own programs. However they have dropped the all telenovela format and going with reality stuff from the rumors so the HD probably will be gone for their next round of programs.

No rumors to it.....and since it was only 2 hours a night - and not even 7 days a week - wasn't like it was a HD Paradise - but at least half of the HD Programming is gone.

Guess I did not do enough research. When my area started getting the MyNetwork, it was digital, when the station was contacted we were informed MyNetwork does not film in HD. Guess the station doesn't know what they are doing or didn't want to have the added expense of broadcasting in HD or the extra power required for it.

Now that Dish has shown that they can fit 6 MPEG-4 HD channels per transponder, I think that they should go beyond the big 4 networks, and start putting up the major independents.

How about first getting HD networks to those of us who cannot receive them OTA before expanding existing channels for those who get HD LiLs?

Bad thing about CW and fox is most of the smaller markets are broadcasting these stations as subs, so no chance for HD. thats why I moved, to get FOX HD out of KC

How about first getting HD networks to those of us who cannot receive them OTA before expanding existing channels for those who get HD LiLs?
Most, if not all the HD LIL is packed one DMS per transponder, most of the LIL HD is on spotbeam transponders, and I believe that's the way that Dish is going in the future. When Ceil-2 goes up at 129 next year (or later), even more will be on spotbeams. Any out-of-market HD will have to be on CONUS, and adding a couple channels to the spotbeams doesn't decrease the bandwidth available for CONUS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)