Is Dish Anywhere Broken again?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
For the past 2 days, I cannot get Dish Anywhere to work on my Windows PCs. Dish Anywhere works fine on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my Windows 7 desktop PC or laptop. I can list the DVR's recordings, but I can't actually play any video. I cannot list the 'Guide', and Live TV does not work. All I get are the spinning circles saying 'loading'. I get the same result using both Firefox and IE.

Is anyone else having these issues, or is it just my system?

I used Dish Anywhere last night on an Android tablet and it worked fine. Just tested in a different setting, Windows 7 and Chrome, and it worked fine again. I generally watch "my recordings" programs, and both of these recent uses were already recorded materials.

Good luck!

The problem turned out to be my wireless router. The Hopper interface said that it was connected to my network and the internet, however, my wireless router did not list the Hopper as being one of the connected devices. I used the 'Reset Network' function on the Hopper receiver and that brought Dish Anywhere back to life.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Reactions: Tampa8
I just tried on my iPhone and on a PC to use Dish Anywhere to record a sports event on Pac-12 HD, but Channel 409 is not showing up at all on either the iPhone or PC. Strange ...

Looking closer, on the web version all channels between 410 and 869 are missing.

Night before last Dish Anywhere was broken on my Windows PCs as well. Worked fine on iOS. Haven't tested lately.

O.K,..I'm a little behind,..Do I need a Dish Network Sling in order to get Dish Anywhere? I added the App to my Android phone and it doesn't work like they say it should. Thanks in Advance.

I am having issues across all my devices, PC, iphone and android tablet. I can get shows to play back but when I go to skip ahead or change the spot I want to start watching it starts the show over completely. Also notice some video lag as well. It worked fine before.

Reactions: bwexler