Is Dish Going to get MLBTV and MLB Extra Innings

tinyhockey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
johnson city
Hi,

I am new to the boards here and had dish now for 2 years. I would like to know if Dish is going to have MLBTV and MLB Extra Innings.

I get no where when I call Dish to ask this question

I was looking around on the internet and Dish is the only TV company that does not have these packeges

If any one knows the word let me know

Unless someone in Congress goes after MLB, it will not likely show up on DISH. One of the conditions that was agreed to had something to do with being a charter member of the MLB TV "owners" which was originally going to be MLB and DIRECTV. Congressional pressure allegedly forced MLB to open up to anyone who wanted to sign on, so it isn't a DIRECTV exclusive. At the same time, there's something in the paperwork that says if a carrier didn't sign on in the beginning, they were ineligible henceforth.

Unless someone in Congress goes after MLB, it will not likely show up on DISH. One of the conditions that was agreed to had something to do with being a charter member of the MLB TV "owners" which was originally going to be MLB and DIRECTV. Congressional pressure allegedly forced MLB to open up to anyone who wanted to sign on, so it isn't a DIRECTV exclusive. At the same time, there's something in the paperwork that says if a carrier didn't sign on in the beginning, they were ineligible henceforth.
This is the first I have heard of this. Do you have a source we can read?

If you are a fan of EI I guess you can never say never, but I dont think so. If thats programing that you really want, you may want to look at other providers???

Dish didn't want to pay the high price, and Direct got exclusivity for years!!!

Thats not true. It was just in this last set of rights negotiations. I can remember when I first sub to Dish in 2003, that MLB Extra Innings was available. Right now MLBEI is avaialbe on cable too and with mlb network.

If a carrier wanted to offer MLB EI, they had to offer MLBN on a non-premium tier of programming. Dish had the opportunity, and chose to be tight-wads. 2 months later, I switched to another satellite provider.

I did hear some hopeful news about YES Network, That Dish Will make an attempt to get this channel when the current contracts expire. Not 2010 though.

Lest see YES is the Yankees network, so that probably means that it will only be available in New York, New Jerseay and South Western Connecticut, much like NESN (Red Sox and Bruins) is only available in New England, except South Western Connecticut.

Ross

Lest see YES is the Yankees network, so that probably means that it will only be available in New York, New Jerseay and South Western Connecticut, much like NESN (Red Sox and Bruins) is only available in New England, except South Western Connecticut.

Ross
Yes, only within Yankee territory

Directv just is the only one to have MLBTV and MLB Extra Innings

Charter,Directv,Comcast,Christain Tv all have had these packeges for over 2 years

Dish is the only company that does not have these packeges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)