Is Dish going to have On Demand?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Normally I dont tell anyone to search, but this time I am. Do a search for DishOnline and you will find your answer.

We will be hearing more about DishOnline in the next month or so. :)

Some of DISH DVR's have VOD they call Movies on Demand. DISH load's 4 movies on your Hard Drive (hidden reserved space) and they want $4.99 to view.

I'm waiting to see whether VOD will happen anytime soon with Dish. It will be a deciding factor of whether I will stay with Dish, or look at alternatives such as cable or maybe even Directv, who seems to have a video on demand plan set when they launch their new satellites.

True video on demand will not happen over satellite. You cant demand something and have the satellite send it. :)

It will require a broadband connection.

No not the 508. Cable has much wider pipe than satellite and therefore on demand type programming is easier for them. Dishinline is an internet technolgy. It will not offer us everything that cable offers but it is a good start. But i would not expect it to include Howard Stern and I would not expect it to work on receivers not designed for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)