Is Dish PCM output "compressed"

kevinrs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
I tried hooking up my sister's 722k receiver to a soundbar+subwoofer setup, and get no audio, apparently the blinking LED I'm getting means S/PDIF Compressed format detected. It's supposed to be configured for PCM or PCM stream. I tried all combinations of audio output settings.

Gah, of course, now when I turn it on it's working. Current settings are volume leveling disable, Decoder PCM only, Mode Line. When I checked before, a football game was on, left it for a couple of hours, and try now, and it works, seems to work on tv shows, news, movies, no sports like football games on now, so I don't know if it's a different sound mode problem or what.

I tried hooking up my sister's 722k receiver to a soundbar+subwoofer setup, and get no audio, apparently the blinking LED I'm getting means S/PDIF Compressed format detected. It's supposed to be configured for PCM or PCM stream. I tried all combinations of audio output settings.

Gah, of course, now when I turn it on it's working. Current settings are volume leveling disable, Decoder PCM only, Mode Line. When I checked before, a football game was on, left it for a couple of hours, and try now, and it works, seems to work on tv shows, news, movies, no sports like football games on now, so I don't know if it's a different sound mode problem or what.

Try Dolby digital/PCM w/Mode RF. Not PCM only.

I'd tried all combinations, then when it worked later, everything seems to work, RF mode and line mode seem to make a volume difference now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts