Is E6 moving to 72

I highly doubt it as the latest filing does not state it is going to 61.5. There hasn't been a TLE update to the site saying it stopped so the site is still estimating it is moving.

No. I agree it says that but the numbers used are traditioanlly notoriosuly low.

No. I agree it says that but the numbers used are traditioanlly notoriosuly low.

If the 72.7 W slot is MPEG-4 only then it would be great if 5 million of Dish's customers had MPEG-4 receivers. Of course Dish can always apply to the FCC to increase this number.

Latest model updates show E6 has arrived on station and is playing bumper ball with Directv's satellite at that location. Expect to see activity any time.

I scanned 72.7 last night with the QPSK receiver I haven't manually checked for 8PSK stuff. Nothing but DirecTV's streams so far.

I scanned 72.7 last night with the QPSK receiver I haven't manually checked for 8PSK stuff. Nothing but DirecTV's streams so far.

So are we going to see 16 TPs of DirecTV streams and 16 TPs of Dish Network streams until the end of this year when DirecTV leaves the orbital location? I am assuming that just like over at 110 and 119, this will not have any adverse effect (although on 110 they use a Sat-C LNB)

I was able to receive 72.7W last evening with an old Bell 3100/Dish 301. I think I had used transponder 21 (12516 MHz) and the signal was alright. 66-68. I'm using an old DirecTV 101/110/119 18" eliptical, and i'm in Central Canada, so that could be the reason for weak signal :)

I also scanned that transponder with a 8PSK/MPEG-4-capable FTA receiver (not to pirate, just to test...I'm a radio nerd not a thief) and can confirm the 12 channels are present on 12516 MHz which are listed on Lyngsat. But there's no video/audio. "Autoroll Processing" forever. Again, not hacking...was just a test.

S/R 20000, V, 5/6 FEC, DVB

Does anyone know what sats the Eastern Arc will use in the end? I'm guessing 61.5W, 72.7W (with 1/2 the transponders of Bell's new bird-to-be-launched too), and 77.0W once they make some further changes. I guess DN will have to come up with a new dish at some point. If they go with 61.5/72.7/77.0 the spacing is not compatible with any current dish I'm aware of.

I was able to receive 72.7W last evening with an old Bell 3100/Dish 301. I think I had used transponder 21 (12516 MHz) and the signal was alright. 66-68. I'm using an old DirecTV 101/110/119 18" eliptical, and i'm in Central Canada, so that could be the reason for weak signal :)

I also scanned that transponder with a 8PSK/MPEG-4-capable FTA receiver (not to pirate, just to test...I'm a radio nerd not a thief) and can confirm the 12 channels are present on 12516 MHz which are listed on Lyngsat. But there's no video/audio. "Autoroll Processing" forever. Again, not hacking...was just a test.

S/R 20000, V, 5/6 FEC, DVB

Does anyone know what sats the Eastern Arc will use in the end? I'm guessing 61.5W, 72.7W (with 1/2 the transponders of Bell's new bird-to-be-launched too), and 77.0W once they make some further changes. I guess DN will have to come up with a new dish at some point. If they go with 61.5/72.7/77.0 the spacing is not compatible with any current dish I'm aware of.

They have a new dish it is called 1000.4 for eastern arc