Is E6 moving to 72

All video channels on Tp 21 there are encrypted. If you are attempting to see video on encrypted channels with other than factory software on an FTA receiver, you are hacking. :)

You have the locations correct. The dish is a 1000.4. Pictures somewhere on this site.

Hacking for the right reasons I guess.. heh heh. I've been into microwave communications (as a hobby) for a long time. When a new bird goes up, naturally it has me interested.

I will say the day when Canadians can legally (damn the CRTC) subscribe to US providers, will be a wonderful event. It's quite obvious my American friends know how to put a programming package together. The Canadian stuff is sub-par.

Thanks for the info on the 1000.4.

E6 is an old bird. E11 is a new bird; it's over at 138 being tested right now. E12 (formerly known as Rainbow 1) is also an old bird.

xts, look at a thread, you'll find there info about clear channels and PIDs for check them.

Well, this is certainly good news. A poster on the other board is using a Dish 500 to receive 61.5 and 72.7. But his signal strength for 72.7 doesn't appear too fantastic. Maybe some tweaking could bring it up...

I have a Dish 500 up for 61.5, and a spare LNB to play with. I'll give it a shot tonight and report back with signal strength/success.

Well, had a chance to play around the other night.

I tried using a Dish 500 to receive 61.5 and 72.7. Keep in mind the Dish 500 is designed to receive two birds, with 9 degrees of separation. 61.5 and 72.7 are 11.2 degrees apart from each other...

The result? It works. But not good enough for me. I can't get strong signals from both birds at the same time. 61.5 has a somewhat-weak transponder on 12530 MHz, and in my situation, I can't afford to drop signal strength here..

I'm hoping the Dish 1000.4 allows for a little more spacing between the birds (no doubt it will) without compromising signal strength.

For now, I've added a wing dish for 72.7.

HD Theatre on 72.7 appears to be in the clear. I'm getting a great picture. I wish I could post some screen shots...perhaps I'll do this later.

HD Theatre is on channel 9421 @ 1080i. 12399, SR 20000, V, 5/6. It appears to be coded with H.264 (MPEG-4) and transmitted with QPSK (DVB) modulation.

Excellent programming. Has anyone else played around on 72.7 yet?

Missing Big Ten & Comcast Chicago

'Moving" question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)