Is H20 PQ better than HD300?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Redwood

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Vista, CA
I'm contemplating purchasing an H20 before end of month, only if OTA signal reception and picture quality are better than my current Sony HD300. Anyone make a comparison yet?

The Sony SAT-HD200/300, LG LSS-3200A and the Zenith HD-SAT520 have some of the best OTA tuners; all made by LG. There might be another few older receivers with them as well (not sure which LG chipset version), but none of these will be MPEG4 as you know; so pick your poison. LOL! If you can pick your H20 version, I know one is made by Humax (good), see if anyone still has the list and maybe one is also made by LG (not sure). How far away are you from your OTA towers?

Last edited:
FWIW, I recently replaced my HD300 with an H20. I think overall the HD300 had better pq, but have no OTA reception due to local hills.

The HD300 is idle now, if anybody wants it for the OTA tuner, PM me and we can discuss it. I've got the manual, original box, remote, and it hasn't got any scratches or damage.

I had a Sony HD-200 some time ago and now have an H-20, both hooked up to an OTA antenna. Both were very good tuners for OTA but I believe the H-20 has an "ever so slightly" better picture.

Good luck!

Redwood said:
I'm contemplating purchasing an H20 before end of month, only if OTA signal reception and picture quality are better than my current Sony HD300. Anyone make a comparison yet?

I agree with TDS4182, I had an HD300 and switched to an H20 because I was having problems with OTA reception, since the H20 has been in I get all the major nets OTA w/o a problem. In fact I think the OTA picture is better than D*s HD locals plus there is no lip sync issue with OTA like I continue to have with D*s locals, the updates did nothing to help the issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)